Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

FLJ Status/Updates

2 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Are there any jobs left?  Is she officially here another year?

The only one that would be a clear step up would be UNC, which just formally opened up days ago.

Of note Megan Duffy (formerly Miami U's head coach) replaced Carolyn Kieger at Marquette.  Kieger ended up taking the Penn State job after Felisha Legette-Jack was reportedly offered it.  To give some indication of how good of a coach we have.

3 hours ago, HomeyG said:

Didn’t she get beat down the last P5 job she had? She seems to have found a comfortable place. Maybe that is adding to her selectively 

I posted this earlier but I think she’d need around 3-4 years at the bottom of the conference or some form of misconduct  to get fired here. Extremely likely she leaves here on her own accord

I'm just very happy for Coach Jack. This raise is well deserved. After the sweet 16 from 2 years ago, losing the best senior class in history and still getting to the round of 32 this year. If she can do it again this year after losing a WNBA draft pick among 3 other seniors, she's outright amazing, and deserves a Brinks truck dropped off at her door by UB. That being said, I wouldn't put it past her and her staff to get the job done. Let's fill the arena for the women's games next winter...Operation 6k!

11 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I'm just very happy for Coach Jack. This raise is well deserved. After the sweet 16 from 2 years ago, losing the best senior class in history and still getting to the round of 32 this year. If she can do it again this year after losing a WNBA draft pick among 3 other seniors, she's outright amazing, and deserves a Brinks truck dropped off at her door by UB. That being said, I wouldn't put it past her and her staff to get the job done. Let's fill the arena for the women's games next winter...Operation 6k!

MAC is wide open this year. I’d expect Ohio to be the favorite in the east and Central in the west, but Miami is a huge wild card as is UB. Summer is the obvious star of the team, but Addy and Hanna can put up some numbers. Have a freshman or two step up and we don’t miss a beat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, myBuffalo said:

Article behind a subscribers paywall but the headline is scary as it is that time of year - 

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2022/03/axe-make-it-official-syracuse-hire-felisha-legette-jack-to-take-over-womens-basketball.html

Syracuse women's basketball program is going to conduct a national search, let's hope they skip right over WNY!

I'm afraid that will be the case, but hopefully she will guide these young ladies to an MACC on her way out.