Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Khalil Mack and the Bears

admin

I watched the Bears vs Seahawks game last week. I think it’s the first time I watched a football game and watched one guy whenever Seahawks were on offense. 

Heres what I saw. 

Mack expends a lot of energy. He plays so hard when he’s in there. He gets double teamed on passing downs and he’s still going all out.  Most linemen will give up in this situation. It’s good that the Bears are substituting for him often. I see how he’s opening up for other guys to shine on the team. He’s really elevating the whole team to another level.

On rushing plays, the Seahawks always ran to the left side. It’s almost as if they are playing with half the field. Even then Khalil would still chase the RB from the other side.  We all know how good he is against the run but this is where most fans will not appreciate the greatness of Mack. 

Because of those two factors stated above, you can’t look at stats to measure how Mack is doing. I did the same and am always looking to see how many sacks or QB hits he got. 

That play when he got the strip sack was just amazing. He gets bumped by the TE then he gets double teamed and he’s pushing the OL with his legs and one arm and with the other arm strips Russell. 

He was great in college but he didn’t stopped working in the NFL. The guy is still getting better. I still can’t believe he was at UB for four years. He is a generational talent and we had him. I still can’t understand how that happened. 

I am adopting the Bears as my second team for the year. And I am really rooting against the Raiders for trading Mack away. I hope this goes down similar to the Red Sox trading away the Babe. 

I think the Bears have a good chance at the playoffs. Vikes look great, but Packers might be vulnerable. Lions, I can’t believe how bad they were against the Jets.