Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

While we were doing battle on other threads

Good things were happening with UB Basketball. 

Cierra Dillard named Honorable Mention All-American

C.J. Massinburg also named Honorable Mention All-American

Nick Perkins Selected to play in NABC All-Star game

I realize these are all seniors that won't be here to help the teams next year, but every honor garnered by our players, makes UB more visable to those outside of our little community, and maybe even to prospective coaches. 

• Like 8

It would be nice if there was some sort of celebration to honor these teams. A 32 win team may never been seen by us again, in addition to a WNBA draftee-led team. I guess that's all been tabled now due to the uncertainty of the coach(es). It shouldn't take away from this team or give the public one last opportunity to honor those teams/players/coaches (who remain here).

4 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It would be nice if there was some sort of celebration to honor these teams. A 32 win team may never been seen by us again, in addition to a WNBA draftee-led team. I guess that's all been tabled now due to the uncertainty of the coach(es). It shouldn't take away from this team or give the public one last opportunity to honor those teams/players/coaches (who remain here).

I have to assume (and hope) that we’ll do something to open next season

12 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Hopeful thinking here.  Spring game is on a Friday again I believe.  Do the celebration before the game like last year and have it be the public's first chance to interact with the new coach(es).

• Like 1

CJ Massinburg will be in a 3 point competition tonight at 9 PM on ESPN. Here is the field:

David Crisp - Washington

Clayton Custer - Loyola Chicago

Mike Daum - South Dakota St

Corey Davis Jr - Houston

Fletcher Magee - Wofford

CJ Massinburg - Buffalo

Josh Perkins - Gonzaga

BJ Taylor - UCF

1 hour ago, cheese_66 said:

CJ Massinburg will be in a 3 point competition tonight at 9 PM on ESPN. Here is the field:

David Crisp - Washington

Corey Davis Jr - Houston

Fletcher Magee - Wofford

CJ Massinburg - Buffalo

Josh Perkins - Gonzaga

BJ Taylor - UCF

Also in the slam dunk competition tonight.

7 hours ago, cheese_66 said:

David Crisp - Washington

Corey Davis Jr - Houston

Fletcher Magee - Wofford

CJ Massinburg - Buffalo

Josh Perkins - Gonzaga

BJ Taylor - UCF

CJ did not to well. Lowest score in opening round. 

1 minute ago, UB_Prush said:

Not his best showing. He goes on at the 14 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY1dfik795U

I agree.  It took too long for him to heat up.  Once he got going, he was fine.  Too little, too late.  CJ was part of one of the cooler dunks of the evening when he helped slingshot a 5'9" guy up for a dunk.