Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Army @ UB - Sept. 29 - 12:00pm (CBSS)

admin

Wow Oklahoma pulls it out in OT. 

This Army team must be better than the team we faced last year. 

I am curious about fan turnout this week. We are 4-0 facing a high profile team in Army with good fan base. 

If we don’t break attendance records and sell out I would be very disappointed in the fans. 

Would've loved for army to pull that one out but they're no joke this year. This matchup really turned into something special. 

I think it comes down to our defense. We shoulddd be able to put up some good points on them but will we be able to stop their offense?

Really hope there's a great turnout. Can't ask for a much better matchup. Let's get it

• Jeseph pinned this topic
6 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

How do you think Army is going to respond after nearly knocking off OU?

They are a tough club.   This might be the biggest game at UB it some time!

I agree that this IS the biggest game at UB in some time (forever?).  Army will come out and do what Army does...if they run the option against UB the way they did against OU, watch out.  Khalil and company will need to be on their toes.  I like UB in a reasonably (?) tight game/low scoring...

Fill the box and make them beat you...cover the edges!

This game makes me nervous. Very surprised we are 6.5 point favorites for this game. Army is a GOOD team.

That being said, I do not think their secondary competes with our receiving core and Tyree behind the center. I think this game is going to be a shoot out. I think they are going to rush for 250 yards and Tyree will throw for 250. 

UB pulls it off 38-35

Coach already said that Army will WIN the time of possession.. so that aspect of the game is not worth worrying about.   But obviously UB has to take advantage of their opportunities with the ball, but not press too hard.  They won't have as many possessions.  

Having played Army the past couple years, I think our coaches and players are better prepared on Defense than say Oklahoma was.  

4 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Coach already said that Army will WIN the time of possession.. so that aspect of the game is not worth worrying about.   But obviously UB has to take advantage of their opportunities with the ball, but not press too hard.  They won't have as many possessions.  

Having played Army the past couple years, I think our coaches and players are better prepared on Defense than say Oklahoma was.  

For people of a certain age, who would have ever thought that Oklahoma's defense could not handle a triple option offense.

4 hours ago, ubmae86 said:

Sorry, narrowly lost.

Losing doesn't normally get you votes under any circumstances.   To me the bigger question is, why is North Texas getting more love than UB?  Yes, they beat a bad Arkansas team...and UB beat a bad Rutgers team...the MAC needs more respect; and it will come with more UB wins!

23 minutes ago, verandaman said:

Losing doesn't normally get you votes under any circumstances.   To me the bigger question is, why is North Texas getting more love than UB?  Yes, they beat a bad Arkansas team...and UB beat a bad Rutgers team...the MAC needs more respect; and it will come with more UB wins!

I don’t think it is a matter of more respect for the Sun Belt over the MAC.  The best I can explain it is, a.) N. Texas is a more established FBS program, they did rejoin FBS 3 years before UB, b.) they are in Texas and c.) they also routed Incarnate Word, which uses IW for their abbreviated name, and also have a logo almost identical to the university of Iowa, so despite the color being wrong, and the abbreviation, the lazy voters see a big win over a BIG. At least that is how I can explain it.

Edited by MillenniumBull
  • Like 1