Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Post-Oats Discussions

UB05

25 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Crazy to think a coach would address his own players...

The idea that our ex coach had to get on a plane right away without speaking to his players is asinine. Makes it much easier to get over him leaving IMO. I don’t want a snake oil salesman as my coach

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

So Nate did talk to the players before leaving? Yeesh this gets weirder and weirder. A lot of us including myself owe him an apology 

No, he didn’t. It’s him covering his ass and being oddly specific. He could’ve said “telling those players face-to-face that I would no longer be their coach” but instead he was oddly specific “I remember at exactly 9:23 AM I had a sip of my coffee and it wasn’t sweet enough and then approximately 37 seconds later I told these players that I’m leaving them behind. Roll Tide, I have a plane to catch” 

Just now, 961819 said:

No, he didn’t. It’s him covering his ass and being oddly specific. He could’ve said “telling those players face-to-face that I would no longer be their coach” but instead he was oddly specific “I remember at exactly 9:23 AM I had a sip of my coffee and it wasn’t sweet enough and then approximately 37 seconds later I told these players that I’m leaving them behind. Roll Tide, I have a plane to catch” 

I read it as he specifically mentioned it because everyone on social media, message boards, articles etc were claiming that he didn’t. 

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

I read it as he specifically mentioned it because everyone on social media, message boards, articles etc were claiming that he didn’t. 

All I’m saying is I heard directly from someone involved in this whole mess that he said absolutely nothing to them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 961819 said:

All I’m saying is I heard directly from someone involved in this whole mess that he said absolutely nothing to them. 

If that’s the case, it’s a real ballsy move to put it out there on Twitter where all the UB players will see it. I just don’t see him blatantly lying like that. 

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

If that’s the case, it’s a real ballsy move to put it out there on Twitter where all the UB players will see it. I just don’t see him blatantly lying like that. 

You don’t see the Gonzaga of the East guy blatantly lying? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UB05 said:

So Nate did talk to the players before leaving? Yeesh this gets weirder and weirder. A lot of us including myself owe him an apology 

We owe that man NO apology. He fooled an ENTIRE fan base into believing he wanted to make this team into the next Gonzaga, that money wasn't important, that WE we're special. All lies. We want to believe those slick words because any other option shows just how gullible we are. It's just him doing more of what he does best. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HateNate88 said:

We owe that man NO apology. He fooled an ENTIRE fan base into believing he wanted to make this team into the next Gonzaga, that money wasn't important, that WE we're special. All lies. We want to believe those slick words because any other option shows just how gullible we are. It's just him doing more of what he does best. 

Wonderful name lol

20 minutes ago, 961819 said:

I’ve heard the same. I don’t mind saying. 

Directly from Andre Allen (wasn’t at any point adressed), Segu, and Fagan. 

Just now, trueblue32 said:

Would alnutt not know if he was lying? People are doing everything to sabotage Oats' reputation to make themselves feel better LOL

99% of all the venom here after Oats leaving is pure speculation and at best "a source told me"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

Would alnutt not know if he was lying? People are doing everything to sabotage Oats' reputation to make themselves feel better LOL

No I think this is one massive attempt at saving face. It’s nothing about making ourselves feel better 

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

I'm sure he wouldn't trash him on social media regardless.  Also 👀 tweet sent from Bloomington, MN.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’ve heard the same. I don’t mind saying. 

Directly from Andre Allen (wasn’t at any point adressed), Segu, and Fagan. 

Mine was directly from Davonta Jordan, I’m sorry but I’m choosing to believe the players over the scumbag coach that has a knack for lying 

Long overdue tweet by Oats. Was actually starting to think he never would. I GET how fast this went down and hitting the ground running in Alabama. Oats has a family to look after also besides doing all of his duties. 

Him leaving I have ZERO issue with. All I ever wanted was A, address the players B, maybe a thank you UB/Buffalo tweet or quote.

Thats all I wanted. Those two things. Him leaving for a bigger job at a big school with a massive payday Ive always been fine with. Its business etc etc.

But if he did indeed address the team, then Im good. Im moving on.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, 961819 said:

That is oddly descriptive. I’ve never seen a coach claim he’s had face to face in his goodbye statement, one week from his departure date. 

I can say it got back to Nate that people were talking about this, from Trainwreck, through coach B.