Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

RETAIN JACK!

Keep coach Jack.

make her the Men’s coach.

recruits want media coverage, she will provide that. She will be able to recruit.

she is an even better basketball coach than Oats.  

she is awesome.

and salary will be enough to keep her here.  There is only a couple women’s programs that compete.  Pay her 600k to start and we have our Mark Few.

While I don’t necessarily think you are wrong. What makes you say she will be able to recruit? I know we have come a long way socially, but there is still a bias in the sports world when it comes to female coaches which could potentially hurt recruiting.

She has shown she can recruit.  And I kinda expressed why I think she could recruit men.  What brings high major talent to midmajor schools?  A chance at media attention and playing time.  She can provide both.  Outside of tenn using a woman’s coach for 1 game, Jack would be the first.  media would eat it up.  But it wouldn’t be a side show.  She is legit.  Can you think of a better motivator of young people?  We brought in a D3 football coach and a high school bb coach to be our AHC and promoted him, is a women that crazy?

Edited by MillenniumBull

3 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Keep coach Jack.

make her the Men’s coach.

recruits want media coverage, she will provide that. She will be able to recruit.

she is an even better basketball coach than Oats.  

she is awesome.

and salary will be enough to keep her here.  There is only a couple women’s programs that compete.  Pay her 600k to start and we have our Mark Few.

While this idea sounds awesome. 

Why can't the women just have an awesome coach? 

The media and PR would be priceless. All the PR about hiring the best person for the job regardless of sex would be great. But she still would be leaving the women's team behind for men. 

If it were to happen I think she would be able to pull in a few 4 stars just because. The camera would be on her and her players. 

41 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

While this idea sounds awesome. 

Why can't the women just have an awesome coach? 

The media and PR would be priceless. All the PR about hiring the best person for the job regardless of sex would be great. But she still would be leaving the women's team behind for men. 

If it were to happen I think she would be able to pull in a few 4 stars just because. The camera would be on her and her players. 

She would still be in the building.  Probably the best we could hope for at this point.