Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jim Whitesell - UB's New Head Coach

Kevin

1 minute ago, MuchMany said:

I assume he means Nate Will returning for his Soph season. Which if true would be great obviously. Also likely means Rondo is staying, as those guys are really tight. They're currently driving convertibles around Orlando 😎🤘🏼

Ahh, I read it as Noah Williams.  That's good to hear nonetheless, portends good things for Jeenathan's development next year if Oats believes he'd be a contributor in the SEC at some point.  Jordan, Graves, and Johnson (if he stays) is a backcourt with 3 all-MAC players.  We should be solid on the wing next year with Grant and Williams making a step up.  We just gotta find big men and I think we're still a tier 1 MAC team next year.

2 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I don't know about you all but I'm ready to run through a wall for Coach after that. He said almost everything I was hoping to hear and seemed genuinely humble and grateful for the opportunity. Pretty refreshing stuff.

I haven't listened to it yet, but it's not surprising. Jim is a great coach and an even better guy. I don't know how anyone can have anything bad to say about him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I don't know about you all but I'm ready to run through a wall for Coach after that. He said almost everything I was hoping to hear and seemed genuinely humble and grateful for the opportunity. Pretty refreshing stuff.

It seems like the players liked Whitesell the most of anyone in the staff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

For all of you haters that suddenly pretended that you didn't like "Blue Collar Basketball", IT'S HERE TO STAY 😂

I don’t wanna see the garage t shirts tho. Chart the blue collar points and keep the locker room hard hat fine. But I don’t wanna see the t shirts. New day! Exciting. Now let’s go to off season work.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I don’t wanna see the garage t shirts tho. Chart the blue collar points and keep the locker room hard hat fine. But I don’t wanna see the t shirts. New day! Exciting. Now let’s go to off season work.

Why not? If the players buy into the concept roll with it.

PJ Fleck's RTB seemed stupid from the outside but man did their sideline get pumped up for it...

Just now, Jeseph said:

Why not? If the players buy into the concept roll with it.

PJ Fleck's RTB seemed stupid from the outside but man did their sideline get pumped up for it...

I get it. But for me at least it’s a reminder of Nate Oats. Idk. I’m not saying it’s stupid. I loved it all these years.