Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2019-20 Schedule

I realize it is early but anyone know anything about the schedule?

What we know:  Charleston Classic Teams (8): Buffalo Bulls (MAC), UConn Huskies (American), Florida Gators (SEC), Miami Hurricanes (ACC), Missouri State Bears (MVC), Saint Joseph’s Hawks (A 10), Towson Tigers (CAA), Xavier Musketeers (Big East)

What we should have:

Home - St. Bona

Home - Canisius

3 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

I realize it is early but anyone know anything about the schedule?

What we know:  Charleston Classic Teams (8): Buffalo Bulls (MAC), UConn Huskies (American), Florida Gators (SEC), Miami Hurricanes (ACC), Missouri State Bears (MVC), Saint Joseph’s Hawks (A 10), Towson Tigers (CAA), Xavier Musketeers (Big East)

What we should have:

Home - St. Bona

Home - Canisius

The Charleston Classic sounds pretty brutal.

24 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

We got into it because we were a hot brand and they needed a team to fit a slot after Penn State pulled out.  Kind of a perfect storm to get into a good event.

It will be a challenge but will get neutral court games against top teams.  Something we didn't get this year. 

Not sure we need to play all the road games against power conference teams next year like we did this year.  Might allow for more home games this year.

2 hours ago, everlast2504 said:

Wouldn’t have it any other way. Personally I hope we play Xavier, Florida, UCONN and Miami. I know in that tournament we can only at best get 3 of those 4 but I believe we can schedule the odd team out as part of non conference schedule. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Hopefully the MAC team is us, it would make sense since "Buffalo's in Canada"

Am I missing something but doesnt the season usually start the first week of November? And isnt the hall of fame in Massachusetts?

But that sounds like a really cool event to be apart of. Not to mention being able to recruit and just have the schools name out and about in Toronto.

2 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Am I missing something but doesnt the season usually start the first week of November? And isnt the hall of fame in Massachusetts?

But that sounds like a really cool event to be apart of. Not to mention being able to recruit and just have the schools name out and about in Toronto.

The Hall of Fame hosts a lot of events. They put on our tournament in Belfast this year, if you forgot. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, Tee4three said:

It’s spelled oot and aboot there.  Learn the lingo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this event was going to be a big boost to the program with us playing a game against a power conference team in Toronto to help open that pipeline up.  But now I see we are relegated to a game against another mid-major all while St. Bona gets a big game.  I thought the success the last few years would mean something and we would finally get a marquee neutral court game but nope.  Harvard is the type of team we should be scheduling a home/home with. Is it that St. Bona is in the A10 so they get better games or do the event organizers think St Bona is better known in Toronto because one of their recent NBA guys is from there?  I would have to think more people know about UB in Toronto than know about St. Bona.  There are a lot of Canadians at UB.

6 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Thought this event was going to be a big boost to the program with us playing a game against a power conference team in Toronto to help open that pipeline up.  But now I see we are relegated to a game against another mid-major all while St. Bona gets a big game.  I thought the success the last few years would mean something and we would finally get a marquee neutral court game but nope.  Harvard is the type of team we should be scheduling a home/home with. Is it that St. Bona is in the A10 so they get better games or do the event organizers think St Bona is better known in Toronto because one of their recent NBA guys is from there?  I would have to think more people know about UB in Toronto than know about St. Bona.  There are a lot of Canadians at UB.

Harvard is likely to be ranked, or at least receiving votes, while Rutgers is by no means a powerhouse. I don't think that it's worth considering that we got a "lesser" game. 

10 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

This is most likely to be a tier 1 game, I have seen pollsters put Harvard in their Top 25. 

24 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Harvard is likely to be ranked, or at least receiving votes, while Rutgers is by no means a powerhouse. I don't think that it's worth considering that we got a "lesser" game. 

21 minutes ago, SGBull said:

This is most likely to be a tier 1 game, I have seen pollsters put Harvard in their Top 25. 

Oh, I totally get that.  Harvard is going to be good.  But they are not a big brand name team.  I would rather play Harvard at Harvard with a future game at Alumni than go to Toronto to play them.