Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2019-20 Schedule

Any word if Syracuse is going to play us again this year?  My guess is they bow out of that matchup after the beat down we put on them last year at their gym! 

I suspect it will be a difficult year to get many quality teams to agree to play us, especially at Alumni Arena.  I guess that is the price we pay for our recent success.

I hope the coaching staff continues the trend of a difficult OOC schedule if possible.  I think this approach better prepares the team for the end of the season tournaments.  One of the most underrated aspects of a basketball team is how they handle adversity!

Shaping up nicely.

Updated*

10/24: UB vs Daemen (Exhibition)**

11/16: UB vs. Harvard (James Naismith Classic in Toronto)

11/21: UB vs. UConn (Charleston Classic)

11/22: UB vs. Xavier or Towson (Charleston Classic)

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

12/3: UB at Vanderbilt

12/18: Canisius at UB

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

How convenient that my GF is moving to Nashville. I’ll be there. 

2 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I'll be there if I'm still in Evansville come December!

Sadly, I will be forced to streaming first half on my phone during my commute home (don't worry I take mass transit so won't be distracted driving!) and second half from comfort of my living room.

There's a direct flight from Buffalo to Nashville now too.  If it was a weekend, I might have considered it

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I'll be there if I'm still in Evansville come December!

We just need a game vs Louisville and a game vs IU and you could do a full 2 hour drive in all 4 directions from Evansville (counting the SIU game).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

Shaping up nicely.

Updated*

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

Agreed this staff is putting together another strong OOC schedule.  I hope they can secure a few solid home games as well.  After our success last year my guess is a few quality home games will be hard to get.  I do love the fact that Syracuse is now scared to play us. 

31 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Any chance of a home+home with Alabama?

Oats doesn’t want any part of this! He’s scared too. Lol. I think for the interim both teams will shy away from playing each other out of respect. But I look forward to bouncing them out of the big dance like we did Hurley if that presents itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Oats doesn’t want any part of this! He’s scared too. Lol. I think for the interim both teams will shy away from playing each other out of respect. But I look forward to bouncing them out of the big dance like we did Hurley if that presents itself.

We saw how Hurley and Oats didn't enjoy facing each other - I assume the sentiment would be the same with Oats and Whitesell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaineBull said:

Agreed this staff is putting together another strong OOC schedule.  I hope they can secure a few solid home games as well.  After our success last year my guess is a few quality home games will be hard to get.  I do love the fact that Syracuse is now scared to play us. 

Between Harvard, UConn, Vandy and one other quality opponent (Miami, Florida or Xavier) we have an opportunity to once again build a solid resume worth of an at-large bid, should we win 15+ conference games but slip up in Cleveland.  We could realistically have three Quad 1 games and another couple Quad 2.

Vandy on the road is a quality game. Make no mistakes about that. Vandy will be good eventually but they aren’t there yet. Stack will need a year or two to get them up to speed. If they finish .500 in the SEC that will be very impressive. I expect them to win more than 9 and win some conference games. Hopefully this by seasons end is a quad 1 game but wouldn’t shock me if it was quad 2.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, JoeyRattlesnake said:

Shaping up nicely.

Updated*

This is one fun non-conference schedule so far i must say.

I can’t see the Bonnies cutting UB off their non conference slate.  UB is willing to go there, they are willing to come to Alumni(unlike those SU sissies), most years that is the best opponent either team can get.  What we need to do is start home&home series with the other A10s looking for good home games.  And maybe the bottom of the BIG10.  Rutgers for sure should come to Alumni if we cum there.  That was not a typo.

i know the FB side is improving.  But that is a zero win prop.  UB could go undefeated in football, lose the MAC championship game and end up playing their bowl on a Tuesday in Boise.  I hope the AD is trying to negotiate football road games for BB home games and take a little less money.  OSU paid 1mill for us to play there.  How about only 750k and you play ball at Alumni?  How much did PSU pay?  We couldn’t get a BBgame back in that negotiation?

11 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I sure hope we get a game versus the Bonnies. The matchup is always going to be cutthroat and exciting. 

After last game where their fans were a real class act, I hope so too. I still remember all the sudden burner twitter accounts that started accusing Oats of paying his recruits lol 

10 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

I can’t see the Bonnies cutting UB off their non conference slate.  UB is willing to go there, they are willing to come to Alumni(unlike those SU sissies), most years that is the best opponent either team can get.  What we need to do is start home&home series with the other A10s looking for good home games.  And maybe the bottom of the BIG10.  Rutgers for sure should come to Alumni if we cum there.  That was not a typo.

i know the FB side is improving.  But that is a zero win prop.  UB could go undefeated in football, lose the MAC championship game and end up playing their bowl on a Tuesday in Boise.  I hope the AD is trying to negotiate football road games for BB home games and take a little less money.  OSU paid 1mill for us to play there.  How about only 750k and you play ball at Alumni?  How much did PSU pay?  We couldn’t get a BBgame back in that negotiation?

That would cause problems with paying the debt service on the Murchie Fieldhouse.  Approval from Albany was based upon using the football paydays,at the going rate, to pay off the loans used to build it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

I hope the AD is trying to negotiate football road games for BB home games and take a little less money.  OSU paid 1mill for us to play there.  How about only 750k and you play ball at Alumni?  How much did PSU pay?  We couldn’t get a BBgame back in that negotiation?

I think we need the money... 

and i am am not sure those schools would be willing to do that deal. Probably just pay someone else for a football game. 

7 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

That would cause problems with paying the debt service on the Murchie Fieldhouse.  Approval from Albany was based upon using the football paydays,at the going rate, to pay off the loans used to build it.

Yup.  

People forget that we didn’t have the money for the facility and built it on debt with the promise of using future money and now the football team needs to bring in money. 

There isn't a dime to spare.