Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2019-20 Schedule

17 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

What we need to do is start home&home series with the other A10s looking for good home games.

Who do you have in mind?

looking through the A10 schedules I don’t see teams that struggle to get good home games.  The Bonnies are probably the only ones that do. 

Am I the only one surprised by the Vanderbilt announcement?

i figures the schedule just wasn’t being released until it was finished but now they announce one game as it is scheduled?  Does this mean they still have many more games to schedule?

is this the only game we are getting paid?  The program needs more money coming in so I hope for at least one more pay date. 

9 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

That would cause problems with paying the debt service on the Murchie Fieldhouse.  Approval from Albany was based upon using the football paydays,at the going rate, to pay off the loans used to build it.

So 3 away OOC games will be expected occasionally going forward?

3 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Am I the only one surprised by the Vanderbilt announcement?

i figures the schedule just wasn’t being released until it was finished but now they announce one game as it is scheduled?  Does this mean they still have many more games to schedule?

is this the only game we are getting paid?  The program needs more money coming in so I hope for at least one more pay date. 

I was a bit surprised too.  I decided to go back and see when we announced schedule and what top 100 teams were on our OOC schedule.  We have announced OOC schedule as early as July 2nd and as late as Sept 6th.  We had as many as 6 top 100 teams in our schedule (using Masseyratings.com).   Here is the history.

524797045_BuffaloOOCHistory.JPG.2e606c3b08370e0a0c0d127c35c1e00e.JPG

I also tried to compile a list of potential top 100 teams that have not filled out their OOC schedule.  I used rankings and game list from Barttorvik.com and identified the following that currently had 6 or less OOC games:

1779640458_Top100OOCPotentials.JPG.6ada9dcbff306f19448677c84b449f1d.JPG

There are some opportunities for another top 100 program to be added to schedule plus potential from Charleston classic.

Edited by DocCas86
Add St. Bonaventure to current year.

12 hours ago, 961819 said:

After last game where their fans were a real class act, I hope so too. I still remember all the sudden burner twitter accounts that started accusing Oats of paying his recruits lol 

Not only there but on the Bonnie’s forum were those accusations. They sure have some loser fans. But the hopefully we get that matchup, at Alumni too!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 6:57 AM, dutchcountry7 said:

Who do you have in mind?

looking through the A10 schedules I don’t see teams that struggle to get good home games.  The Bonnies are probably the only ones that do. 

Duquesne is one for sure, holdover staff should still know some of Dambrot’s people.  St Joes series every year would be nice.  I know I’m now leaving the A10 but playing a Manhattan/Iona, Cornell and Siena back and forth every year would be nice.  On top of our normal big 4 games, may bring paying MAAC fans to Alumni and give the alums from around the state close games.  If this Harvard game turns into an epic battle like I think it will, the ADs should exchange numbers.  The MAC isn’t going to provide us rivalries the people of Buffalo will ever care about.  Playing schools from Ohio or Michigan is mehhh.  But playing in state/region can drum up interest.  And as our name grows and we are willing to play on the road too if they come here as well (yeah f u SU), this can be a great built in non conference sched (1/2 home games) on top of whatever neutral tourney and pay away games we can find ourselves in.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, MillenniumBull said:

Duquesne is one for sure, holdover staff should still know some of Dambrot’s people.  St Joes series every year would be nice.  I know I’m now leaving the A10 but playing a Manhattan/Iona, Cornell and Siena back and forth every year would be nice.  On top of our normal big 4 games, may bring paying MAAC fans to Alumni and give the alums from around the state close games.  If this Harvard game turns into an epic battle like I think it will, the ADs should exchange numbers.  The MAC isn’t going to provide us rivalries the people of Buffalo will ever care about.  Playing schools from Ohio or Michigan is mehhh.  But playing in state/region can drum up interest.  And as our name grows and we are willing to play on the road too if they come here as well (yeah f u SU), this can be a great built in non conference sched (1/2 home games) on top of whatever neutral tourney and pay away games we can find ourselves in.

Duquesne would be nice.

They will probably be pretty good in a few years.  Would be nice to get that series started. 

29 minutes ago, UB05 said:

According to the new article on The Athletic, Dartmouth will once again be our home opener, and Whitesell is currently looking for one more buy game against a bigger program 

Can you or anyone post the copy of that article? This is awesome to get coverage from the athletic. But unfortunately they have a paywall.

2 hours ago, UB05 said:

According to the new article on The Athletic, Dartmouth will once again be our home opener, and Whitesell is currently looking for one more buy game against a bigger program 

Great article - if teams mentioned are accurate, I believe current slate of games is as follows:

Updated*

10/24: UB vs Daemen (Exhibition)**

11/16: UB vs. Harvard (James Naismith Classic in Toronto)

11/21: UB vs. UConn (Charleston Classic)

11/22: UB vs. Xavier or Towson (Charleston Classic)

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

12/3: UB at Vanderbilt

12/18: Canisius at UB

TBD:  Dartmouth at UB

TBD: UB vs Niagara

TBD US vs St. Bonaventure

TBD: vs P5:   Last time I checked Creighton, NC State, Minnesota and DePaul appear to have room in their schedules.

Home / Home: Possibilities that I would like to see are Loyola - Chicago; Illinois Chicago,  or Duquesne

Two other schedule things I took from the article:

1. They're still looking for one more game so we may not get the full schedule for a while.

2. Specifying Dartmouth is the home opener leads me to believe we're on the road for the season opener. The past few years we've pretty much only played high major and Big 4 games on the road in non-con, so I'd think we're either opening at Niagara or with a big game. Hopefully the latter since we haven't gotten Niagara at home since 2014.

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Can you or anyone post the copy of that article? This is awesome to get coverage from the athletic. But unfortunately they have a paywall.

If you have access to your .edu email it's only $2.49 a month. They have some good content.

Edited by trueblue32

4 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Do they post a decent amount of UB related material?

No not a lot to be honest. If you only care about UB stuff its probably not worth it. I saw a Marquette fan asking an editor on Twitter why they got less articles and he said it basically comes down to pageviews and they're always monitoring it, maybe if this one gets enough views/people joining from it they reassess, but as of now there's not a ton of UB content.

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

No not a lot to be honest. If you only care about UB stuff its probably not worth it. I saw a Marquette fan asking an editor on Twitter why they got less articles and he said it basically comes down to pageviews and they're always monitoring it, maybe if this one gets enough views/people joining from it they reassess, but as of now there's not a ton of UB content.

I'll probably check it out for the Giants/Knicks/Yankees/Rangers anyway. Thanks!

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

I'll probably check it out for the Giants/Knicks/Yankees/Rangers anyway. Thanks!

Definitely check it out, a few times throughout the season writers will do live chats. I asked a couple questions to Seth davis about ub last season and answered each one

If you enjoy reading sports articles well worth the few bucks a month

19 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Great article - if teams mentioned are accurate, I believe current slate of games is as follows:

Updated*

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

TBD: vs P5:   Last time I checked Creighton, NC State, Minnesota and DePaul appear to have room in their schedules.

Home / Home: Possibilities that I would like to see are Loyola - Chicago; Illinois Chicago,  or Duquesne

Schedule is shaping up nicely.  I still don't see Syracuse!  Love that they are scared to play us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Cuse has already released their non conference schedule, and welp, UB isn’t on it. 

I love that it feels like we got the last laugh there by beating them in the dome last year but I still wish we could come to some kind of agreement to play every year. Would be a cool NY battle 

4 hours ago, weareub46 said:

I love that it feels like we got the last laugh there by beating them in the dome last year but I still wish we could come to some kind of agreement to play every year. Would be a cool NY battle 

Buffalo: Fun game we had last year!

Syracuse: Time to go back to losing, SUNYbros.  We have an opening in the dome on X, Y, and Z.

Buffalo: Loser travels, we're free in Alumni Arena around your schedule.

Syracuse has left the chat

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, DocCas86 said:

Updated*

I thought I read Niagara released their schedule and we're not on it?

2 hours ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

I thought I read Niagara released their schedule and we're not on it

I did not find full schedule of OOC games for Niagara.  I also have not seen official word that we are playing them.  However,  I have on my schedule because of article on the Athletic

"A collection of in-state rivalry games is also included in the slate: Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure. “Those games are real battles,” Whitesell says, “more so than people realize.” The Bulls’ home opener will be against Dartmouth."

Also barttorvik.com has Niagara listed.