Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2019-20 Schedule

1 hour ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Is it just me or is it surprising to see NU doesn't play some big names to get a paycheck?

https://purpleeagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&schedule=330

Don't they need the money as badly as we do?

They do, but their NET is very low, so schools that would pay to beat them do not want a win against a low NET.

41 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

They do, but their NET is very low, so schools that would pay to beat them do not want a win against a low NET.

I am not sure I buy that.  The weak schools seem to get games pretty easy.  I mean, they were better than Wagner or the Citadel and both of them landed three big major games.

https://wagnerathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

https://citadelsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

I would have thought with the Beilein name they would be able to get good games if they need them for the budget.  Which makes me think they actually decided not to schedule those games.

6 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

So how many games left to schedule?  Is it safe to say there won't be anymore big games scheduled?  Maybe another home game? 

There are 10 known OOC games and last few years we played 13, so looks like 3.  They were trying for one more big game - but only a few teams from P5 that have six or fewer games so still a possibility.   Seems like one more home game may be possible.

Updated 8/26*

10/24: UB vs Daemen (Exhibition)**

11/16: UB vs. Harvard (James Naismith Classic in Toronto)

11/21: UB vs. UConn (Charleston Classic)

11/22: UB vs. Xavier or Towson (Charleston Classic)

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

11/30: William & Mary at UB

12/3: UB at Vanderbilt

12/18: Canisius at UB

TBD: Niagara at(?) UB - [HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED?]

5 minutes ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

Updated 8/26*

11/24: UB vs Missouri State or Miami or Florida or St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic)

You’re forgetting st bonaventure, dartmouth, and yes niagara is confirmed.

3 hours ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

Updated 8/26*

Niagara is 12-21-19 at Alumni Arena.

https://purpleeagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Games at Key Bank will be played without us...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/28/canisius-mens-basketball-st-bonaventure-keybank-center-news-2019/

I am not sure how I feel about this.  It makes it seem like St. Bona is a big ticket that needs to be played there to accommodate the crowd.  Canisius would only move the game if they thought they could get more money from playing it there than they could at home.

50 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Games at Key Bank will be played without us...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/28/canisius-mens-basketball-st-bonaventure-keybank-center-news-2019/

I am not sure how I feel about this.  It makes it seem like St. Bona is a big ticket that needs to be played there to accommodate the crowd.  Canisius would only move the game if they thought they could get more money from playing it there than they could at home.

It'll be empty there. I'm fine with playing at the AA or opposing school sites.

53 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

It makes it seem like St. Bona is a big ticket that needs to be played there to accommodate the crowd.

Well to be fair they should have moved our game there last year.  KAC was sold out and it wasn't because Canisius was playing...

3 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

How long do you think it would take us to figure out our entire OOC schedule if every D1 team posted their OOC schedule besides Buffalo?  haha

Based on a list of  OOC games on barttorvik.com I have created the following teams as the remaining P5 opponent possibilities.  I created by looking at the number of OOC home games and total OOC games each team has.  Time will tell if we travel to one of these schools for a game.

467528526_PotentialP5OOCGames.JPG.f27defd8d16b84a291dd7b6d5066b122.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, DocCas86 said:

Based on a list of  OOC games on barttorvik.com I have created the following teams as the remaining P5 opponent possibilities.  I created by looking at the number of OOC home games and total OOC games each team has.  Time will tell if we travel to one of these schools for a game.

467528526_PotentialP5OOCGames.JPG.f27defd8d16b84a291dd7b6d5066b122.JPG

Baylor or NCST please 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 961819 said:

Baylor or NCST please 

Either of these would be fun games that I would love to see.  Looking at Bulls schedule, there is a gap between Vanderbilt (12/3) and Canisius (12/18).  NC State has more room on their schedule than Baylor during that time.  NCST has one game at UNC Greensboro on 12/15.  Baylor has two home games Arizona (12/7) and Butler (12/10).  I see that more teams than those I have already identified  have room on their schedule, so my list is too short.  Maybe I just have to be patient... announcement should come soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

According to Rachel Lenzi of the Buffalo News, Army is coming here on December 14th. As far as I know this hadn’t been reported yet

The other thing she released was date for home opener with Dartmouth, Nov 8th.   We will likely get confirmation on these games plus likely two others very soon.

Our schedule is pretty much set. We have an opening for two more non conference games which would take the total to 13 non conference games. 

Pure speculation on my behalf but there’s room for a game after the Dartmouth game and after the Vanderbilt game. I assume the two remaining games would be road games bc we have 6 non conference games at home so far. Again pure speculation.