Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cierra Dillard to the WNBA!

Jeseph

While channel surfing, I stop on the Seattle Storm at Atlanta Dream game.  To my surprise, I hear Amy Audibert calling the action.   While searching which team she works for (Atlanta), I learn that Presley Hudson was released by Seattle.  She was with the Storm from April 18th until May 22nd. 

• 4 years later...
Just now, bullsbball said:

Her UB bio says she went to Gates Chili High School in NYS (Rochester).  Seems like a "Nationalization" change for convenience.

Cierra Dillard officially naturalized Senegalese (dayfr.com)

Whatever works I guess. She has struggled to get any meaningful looks in pro basketball, so this at least gets her on the court and maybe will lead to something better.

I am interested to see what happens with Fair after this season. She is a very good college player, but at her size and being a volume shooter may work against her at the next level. She does pass well, so that could be a benefit for her.

And another video.

Sorry, I don't know French but it appears neither does Cierra.

I put Fair and Dillard in the game style. Both seemed to be ball hogs.  Cierra probably shoots a little better. Cierra was looking for big things in the Pros but didn't get much action/attention.

10 hours ago, bullsbball said:

Her UB bio says she went to Gates Chili High School in NYS (Rochester).  Seems like a "Nationalization" change for convenience.

Cierra Dillard officially naturalized Senegalese (dayfr.com)

This is something that is not uncommon in women's basketball.  Becky Hammon also obtained Russian citizenship and played for Russia in the 2008 Olympics.

I do not know what the current rules are for representing a country.  In the past people were eligible to play for the country they were born in or the country their parents or grandparents were born in.  She may have been eligible to play for Senegal based upon her ancestors. 

At one time once you  played for one country you could never play for a different country.  That was changed early on by Martina Navratilova who had played for Czechoslovakia and then the United States.