Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Spring Signing Period

SGBull

Instead of having side conversations on our decommitted JUCOs posts, I figured this could act as a general recruiting discussion post for the spring signing period (Apr 17-May 15). 

I have a gut feeling that Adams-Woods is going to sign with us. 

We really need to get some bigs in here, I like what I have seen from Agee. Also, I was looking through the top uncommitted prospects and there are two big men that both attended Prolific Prep, Oton Jankovic and Kuany Kuany. Maybe we need Jeenathan to make a call or two. 

Such a stressful period after losing our incoming class. There's plenty of time but any commits we can land here soon would certainly make me feel better!

I do think we have a good shot at Adams-Woods but from what I've seen around Twitter he's not in a rush to make a decision.

The best thing is, is that there’s a lot of unsigned talent out there. Whether it be the transfer, JUCO or high school markets. During the season was the marathon of recruiting. Now it’s the sprint. I like that Whitesell and Q are on the trail. Hopefully they bring in some tall bodies. Hope you are right about Adams-Woods. By all the ranking sites he is right there with Noah Williams. So that would be an on par addition.

Sink or swim time for Whitesell. It appears he did a phenomenal job keeping the current roster intact, but with FIVE open scholarships this late in the game he has his recruiting work cut out for him. In all honesty I’m pessimistic, and I really hope he proves me wrong. MAW would be a great get but we still need big men, bad. If he can quickly land a player or two I’m sure it will make me feel better about our situation. The lack of news on any offers we’re putting out seems troubling.

23 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Sink or swim time for Whitesell. It appears he did a phenomenal job keeping the current roster intact, but with FIVE open scholarships this late in the game he has his recruiting work cut out for him. In all honesty I’m pessimistic, and I really hope he proves me wrong. MAW would be a great get but we still need big men, bad. If he can quickly land a player or two I’m sure it will make me feel better about our situation. The lack of news on any offers we’re putting out seems troubling.

One thing I know for sure is Whitesell/Q come from the Oats camp of stashing scholarships.

I probably only see 3 scholarships used for players this season.

2 I see them using on potential transfers to have up and ready for next year (Wes/Antwain/Gabe) model. 

25 minutes ago, Kevin said:

One thing I know for sure is Whitesell/Q come from the Oats camp of stashing scholarships.

I probably only see 3 scholarships used for players this season.

2 I see them using on potential transfers to have up and ready for next year (Wes/Antwain/Gabe) model. 

Yeah and I’m totally fine with that. Save 2 and you can scoop quality transfers up when other programs are maxed out. Still leaves us with 3 holes to fill and we only know of one scholarship offer out there. Would think there’d be chatter of other offers (kids love to post them to their social media) or at least hear news on players like Agee 

35 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Good to see Xavier Bishop on the list.

He's a guy id love to have to sit out and play next year. 

Took some heat because how "bad" UMKC was, but i think he'd be a solid add.

UMKC had no rebounding ability and big men. It wasn't because of a few of their top players (who id gladly take). 

Edited by Kevin

Just now, UB05 said:

I see we’re in a “dead period.” Can recruiting still take place, just with no visits allowed? 

Nope. Nothing can take place, I've confirmed with the team. Anything that is "happening" is just information becoming available.

I have no idea where there are two weeks in April that are blacked out. I haven't figured out why it should be blacked out the day before signing day

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Nope. Nothing can take place, I've confirmed with the team. Anything that is "happening" is just information becoming available.

I have no idea where there are two weeks in April that are blacked out. I haven't figured out why it should be blacked out the day before signing day

Thanks for the clarification. I won’t hold my breath for information this week. Definitely not feeling great about one scholarship offer out there and no big men. Going from Allen, Hawkins, and Brock to just Brock is concerning, they at least need someone to play minutes off the bench. Fagan doesn’t quite have the size 

9 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

We don’t need big men. Small ball!  Out gun the opposition

Small ball is good...just hope you never miss a shot on offense and the other team takes long 3s so the rebounds come out to your guys!

Heck...even with the players we had this year, we were manhandled some games inside on rebounds (even though we won, so that was the trade off).