Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Portsmouth Invitational

14 hours ago, 961819 said:

That’s gotta boost his draft stock somewhat right?

None of UB's players have any draft stock.  CJ is the closest, but still isn't really on the draft radar in general.  As best he and maybe Perk and/or Harris will be signed to play for an NBA team in the G League.  Most likely they all end up with good gigs overseas.

6 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

None of UB's players have any draft stock.  CJ is the closest, but still isn't really on the draft radar in general.  As best he and maybe Perk and/or Harris will be signed to play for an NBA team in the G League.  Most likely they all end up with good gigs overseas.

CJ has been in multiple mock drafts, one of which had him going to the Warriors in the first round 

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

CJ has been in multiple mock drafts, one of which had him going to the Warriors in the first round 

I love CJ but honestly do you think he is a 1st rounder? Come on. The draft is mostly about projecting guys therefore younger guys and overseas guys get drafted. If CJ gets drafted it’s in the 2nd round. If he gets invited to the draft combine that will be a telling indicator.

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I love CJ but honestly do you think he is a 1st rounder? Come on. The draft is mostly about projecting guys therefore younger guys and overseas guys get drafted. If CJ gets drafted it’s in the 2nd round. If he gets invited to the draft combine that will be a telling indicator.

Did I make the mock draft? I was just saying what I saw

20 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Did I make the mock draft? I was just saying what I saw

Didn’t say you did. Whoever did should have his head examined. It’s just going to be tough for CJ. In the eyes of nba scouts he’s a finished product whereas with all the underclassmen declaring (yea I do know most of them will withdraw) their raw potential will overshadow CJ.

32 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Didn’t say you did. Whoever did should have his head examined. It’s just going to be tough for CJ. In the eyes of nba scouts he’s a finished product whereas with all the underclassmen declaring (yea I do know most of them will withdraw) their raw potential will overshadow CJ.

Agreed on that, he is a great shooter but he doesn’t make his own shot per se. No type of Curry step back in his arsenal 

12 hours ago, UBigbobby said:

None of UB's players have any draft stock.  CJ is the closest, but still isn't really on the draft radar in general. 

This isnt true. CJ has been in some mock drafts and is definitely got a chance to be a late 2nd rounder. Some crazy website even had him mock drafted into the 1st round which I think is a certain reach. 

Getting a mens player drafted would be the last check on my bucket list for this years team. Hoping CJ has a good showing here to boost his chances of mid-late 2nd rounder.

3 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Maybe one in ten players in this tournament get drafted.  Just by playing in it is a admission of fringe prospects at best.

I actually looked at this yesterday, since 2008 only 4.3% of participants have been drafted. On average those players are mid second round picks (43.667). I also see very little correlation between production per minute in the tournament and odds of getting drafted. So I'd say this has a mostly negligible effect on anyone's draft stock.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I actually looked at this yesterday, since 2008 only 4.3% of participants have been drafted. On average those players are mid second round picks (43.667). I also see very little correlation between production per minute in the tournament and odds of getting drafted. So I'd say this has a mostly negligible effect on anyone's draft stock.

I was actually gonna say 1 in 20 but didn’t want to come off even more negative then necessary.

Yeah that being said I don't have any data on how many make G-League or summer league teams, and I think Massinburg, Perk, and Harris are all definitely good enough to do that if they choose (although Europe makes better money).  They could make their way into the NBA that way, similarly to Jaylen Adams from Bona this year.  I'll also still hold out some hope on C.J. getting drafted since there's some buzz there but I remember being disappointed after thinking the same thing about McCrea.

Edited by trueblue32

21 minutes ago, Erie County said:

UB will not have a player drafted. 

The best one out there doesn't even have them listed as prospects

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

60 picks only 9 seniors drafted in that mock. As I said before the draft is most underclassmen and international players. There are other avenues to the NBA...CJ, Harris and Perkins May have to explore those.

I enjoyed this article specifically about him and his draft prospects but it was before the NCAA tournament.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/03/cj-massinburg-nba-draft-projections-mocks/

I think that is generally when multiple websites had him projected in the 2nd round.

He had a quiet NCAA tournament not helped by playing a team like TT in the second round.

Ive also heard performance in the PI doesnt go a long way regardless. CJs workouts are probably going to be the most important in deciding if he gets picked late 2nd or not.

Either way cool to see his team win the title and Perkins had good statlines all 3 games.