Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

David Skogman - 2019 signee

McBulls

4 hours ago, 961819 said:
4 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

Looks like Utah St. is visiting him rather than him going out there which may be a good sign. I also read that he's only been offered a preferred walk-on spot at Wisconsin.

All good news in my eyes 

he may be out of visits.  There are only so many official visits a student can make.  They may be going to him because he cannot go to them.

1 hour ago, Schmo said:

Good news. The Buffalo News article on Nickelberry said that he is keeping in touch with Skogman and White trying to recruit them, which is nice to hear.

That TBN article about Nickelberry was filled with everything you would want to hear from the recruit:

• Team is going to play fast and he likes it
  • Understands the importance of defense
  • Knows about UB...came "out of nowhere" he said, but commented how they are one of the top teams now (with wins at Syracuse and WVa)
  • Is recruiting the other guys UB wants (White and Skogman)

Keep it up!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

Direct Hauser replacement. He's theirs if they offer him. 

Was hoping he'd end up with a Wisconsin like offer from Marquette then realized hed look great as a Hauser replacement... think this might end up being a good marriage and we miss out. Still hoping we are near the top of his list in case they pass.

52 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

When Nate became head coach, didn't our signees come even later than this? Willie didn't commit until early May and Blake/CJ was after him if I recall. They'll fill the roster. There's thousands of guys out there, they'll find 4 more.

No doubt they will and by the looks of it Im confident they'll get some good players. But it was fun thinking of getting this type of player.

8 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

No doubt they will and by the looks of it Im confident they'll get some good players. But it was fun thinking of getting this type of player.

To be fair they still could. Some kids like to get away from home. We can also probably offer more playing time out of the gate than P5 schools

9 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

They still might, just have to wait and see. I'm sure they are reviewing many and contacting many more. There are so many guys and we are looking for a particular skill set and fit. We surely only hear about the tip of the iceberg, considering we generally only hear about those who visit or post their offers on social media.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

936453112_ScreenShot2019-04-28at8_43_20PM.thumb.png.58d3b01b1027aab88ae62a1041bf370e.png

Saw Skogmans interest was bumped up to warm for Utah state if that means anything whatsoever 

They also don’t even have us listed as giving him an offer when we know we did. I wonder why but as long as Marquette doesn’t show up as an offer I’ll take it 

On 4/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jeseph said:

Interest from Wisc. and Marquette - Haven't heard of official visits to either yet.

You don't have to worry about Wisconsin.  They offered a PWO and David Skogman turned that down because he has full scholarship offers on the table.

ETA: Sorry, saw it has been discussed.  Any other year, I think Skogman would be in-line for a Wisconsin offer.

Edited by badgers007

3 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

You don't have to worry about Wisconsin.  They offered a PWO and David Skogman turned that down because he has full scholarship offers on the table.

ETA: Sorry, saw it has been discussed.  Any other year, I think Skogman would be in-line for a Wisconsin offer.

Any reason why not? Hauser brothers?