Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

David Skogman - 2019 signee

McBulls

7 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Can he really have a 41 inch vertical? Based on a quick Google search that would be top 15 or so in NBA history which seems crazy given that he is 6'10 and in college. I hope its right though! 

I sure hope he turns out to be a good player for us. The little we seen him play I think in the Daemen game he did not show much. He seemed slow of foot and played mostly outside. He does appear very thin and wonder about his strength in the inside. Hope to see how he progresses after a year in the gym and practicing against some D1 players.

22 minutes ago, John said:

I sure hope he turns out to be a good player for us. The little we seen him play I think in the Daemen game he did not show much. He seemed slow of foot and played mostly outside. He does appear very thin and wonder about his strength in the inside. Hope to see how he progresses after a year in the gym and practicing against some D1 players.

I think he is viewed as a stretch 4. Think of Dirk Nowitzski. Or maybe even Luke Knapke from Toledo. A tall big who plays outside. He could be lethal in pick and roll/pop plays.

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think he is viewed as a stretch 4. Think of Dirk Nowitzski. Or maybe even Luke Knapke from Toledo. A tall big who plays outside. He could be lethal in pick and roll/pop plays.

If he is even close to being in the same company as those two he should be able to contribute.

29 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Never thought I'd see someone described as "being in the same company of Dirk Nowitzski and Luke Knapke." 😂😂😂 

Do agree. We will have to see him play games against D1 players to see if he can help us next year. I wonder where Gallion will fit in with the two recruits we have coming in next year.

25 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Lol I was thinking off the top of my head two players who might be familiar who are perimeter bigs

Let's hope he ends up somewhere in between the two outcomes. That would be a pretty strong MAC player regardless.

40 minutes ago, John said:

Do agree. We will have to see him play games against D1 players to see if he can help us next year. I wonder where Gallion will fit in with the two recruits we have coming in next year.

If Brock returns for his senior year, the bigs rotation of him, Mballa, Skogman and Hardnett will be set and strong.

The Staton interest makes sense to me, as I think a big physical guard who can play mid-major SF/wing is what next year's roster needs most. Gallion is showing some promise but we need competition there.

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Let's hope he ends up somewhere in between the two outcomes. That would be a pretty strong MAC player regardless.

If Brock returns for his senior year, the bigs rotation of him, Mballa, Skogman and Hardnett will be set and strong.

The Staton interest makes sense to me, as I think a big physical guard who can play mid-major SF/wing is what next year's roster needs most. Gallion is showing some promise but we need competition there.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Brock is probably graduating and then going home. I don’t see why we would continue to hold a scholarship for him when there really isn’t much hope that he’ll provide consistent minutes ever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Brock is probably graduating and then going home. I don’t see why we would continue to hold a scholarship for him when there really isn’t much hope that he’ll provide consistent minutes ever.

I've heard it's likely he and/or Fagan could leave.