Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

David Nickelberry - 2019 signee

trueblue32

Very nice. His highlights show some pretty serious swag/compete. All for infusing the squad with a talented a**hole. He seems like a big PG from the reel and almost 3 APG in JUCO. Creative no looks and unselfish.

Also love adding a guy from the Segu orbit. He's a magnet for talent and fun with his peers. 

Edited by MuchMany

4 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Solid signing. A big step for us going forward. Shows we are still marketable and a place to come play. Wildest dream...land both big men and MAW in addition to Nickleberry. But let’s keep getting players. 

Adams-Woods is out.

6 hours ago, 961819 said:

If we manage to land the other two then we need to go with a guard or two. A fantastic unsigned freshman that was previously offered by us is Niven Glover. Him and Agee would be quality additions 

I'd love to see Agee back in the fold. I was really impressed with his reel when we first started to recruit him and was surprised when our recruitment seemed to go cold. As someone else said, land 2 of 3 between Nickleberry/Skogman/White and our post game should be pretty solid immediately. If Agee fills the final spot I'd be real happy. 

As for Nickleberry, hard not to see comparisons to Jeremy Harris in his game. He looks like a good stretch 4 replacement for Harris. 

• Like 1

“The way he presented himself, he was very confident, very enthusiastic, very excited about having me coming on a visit, and he was excited to talk to me,” Nickelberry said. “That’s what intrigued me. Coach Whitesell was super-excited and he got me excited.”

• Like 2

Awesome get.  Will turn out to be the best JC recruit that we had offered.  A lefty that appears to be able to go right.  Huge.  Upperclassman.  Swag.  Very athletic.  Perfect for up tempo culture.  Will have to contribute on the boards.  Would think he will be a starter Game 1.  Him and Graves and Williams on the Wings in 4 guard offense.  Jordan at the point.  And a yet to be determined athletic big.  Segu 6th man playing 25 min a game with him and Jordan playing together on many of their minutes.

This recruit restores my confidence in UB contending for MAC Title again if Williams and Segu have the Sophomore jump and we are able to get an athletic big.  Horns Up!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bullsfanallyearlong said:

Awesome get.  Will turn out to be the best JC recruit that we had offered.  A lefty that appears to be able to go right.  Huge.  Upperclassman.  Swag.  Very athletic.  Perfect for up tempo culture.  Will have to contribute on the boards.  Would think he will be a starter Game 1.  Him and Graves and Williams on the Wings in 4 guard offense.  Jordan at the point.  And a yet to be determined athletic big.  Segu 6th man playing 25 min a game with him and Jordan playing together on many of their minutes.

This recruit restores my confidence in UB contending for MAC Title again if Williams and Segu have the Sophomore jump and we are able to get an athletic big.  Horns Up!

Can’t forget Antwain Johnson. I wonder what his role will be...starter or the Perkins role?