Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

NBA Watch

I always felt that most games Perkins played to UB's style (which was obviously very successful, team wise), but he didn't have the chance to show all of his talents on the offensive end.   

I would be surprised if either get drafted.

Perhaps both with play in the Summer league and, hopefully, get on a G-League team (rather than starting overseas).

We were talking about it in the Portsmith thread...

CJ before the NCAA tournament was getting buzz and on a few mock drafts. But after a quiet tourney havent seen much.

His workouts will be the telltale for his draft stock at this point.

Perkins went off a bit at the PI but generally doesn't move the needle a lot.

Still saying possibly our best chance might be CJ in the last 10 picks of the 2nd round. Maybe some people fall in love with Perk last second though.

At the start of the year Harris to me and scouts as well had the best NBA game/skill set but he just had a brutal stretch that carried through the MAC season.

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Disagree.  Would never want Julius Randle on my team.  He hurts the Knicks as much as helps.

I agree about Randle. He is really overrated. I was just comparing the style of play is similar. Perk in my opinion can shoot better.  Only reason Randle got a better look at the NBA and is there now is because he played at Kentucky and had one decent regular season. Knicks need to get rid of Randle as soon as possible and I think Barrett has to go too. He’s average at best. Not going to get any better.  Keep Hart, Toppin and Brunson. 

20 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Disagree.  Would never want Julius Randle on my team.  He hurts the Knicks as much as helps.

I think he meant more in terms of body type and style.  Perk, like Julius, is a classic nba tweener. Now when it comes to mentality, yes Julius hurts the Knicks. In many ways, ball hogging and poor attitude mainly. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 12:14 AM, MKBullsfan said:

I agree about Randle. He is really overrated. I was just comparing the style of play is similar. Perk in my opinion can shoot better.  Only reason Randle got a better look at the NBA and is there now is because he played at Kentucky and had one decent regular season. Knicks need to get rid of Randle as soon as possible and I think Barrett has to go too. He’s average at best. Not going to get any better.  Keep Hart, Toppin and Brunson. 

Well ti did not age well.  Toppin sent to the Pacers.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Thibbs didn’t like him. Was always hesitant to play him. Goes to show about players and systems. Toppin could become a good player but was never in the Knicks current system.

Side note…the Knicks are becoming the Nova Knicks.

Great they will be odds on favorites to win they NCAA tournament.  Only problem they play in the NBA.

• Haha 1