Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DooleyBull06

Cameron Tyson

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Apparently were have reached out to Cameron Tyson of Idaho. Sit out transfer. Shooting guard who shot 43% from 3 last season. 6’3 185. Would be a sit one play 3 if he redshirts his transfer season. Has also heard from Houston, Colorado State (whom he’s visited), UNLV and Boise State. Ranked #41 on the sit out list.

https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

Edited by DooleyBull06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BasketBull said:

13.5 PPG and 40%+ shooting from three with three years of eligibility remaining? Yes please. 

With up to 3 years of eligibility to improve his all around game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are crushing Idaho right now. They may ban potatoes from our local 5 Guys stores on us soon 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a tweet saying he had committed to Houston, then again we saw one that said Nickelberry had committed to Idaho too. It looks like he has at least visited Houston though, which is some solid competition for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I saw a tweet saying he had committed to Houston, then again we saw one that said Nickelberry had committed to Idaho too. It looks like he has at least visited Houston though, which is some solid competition for us.

Yeah, prep hoops Washington just had it 14 hours ago, i'd say it could be true after his visit there. 

That's why i have strong hope for Skogman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find a Twitter for him but his Instagram still lists Idaho and there's nothing about Houston on it. I would expect more than one source to have it on Twitter if it was true. Hopefully he's still open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Apparently were have reached out to Cameron Tyson of Idaho. Sit out transfer. Shooting guard who shot 43% from 3 last season. 6’3 185. Would be a sit one play 3 if he redshirts his transfer season. Has also heard from Houston, Colorado State (whom he’s visited), UNLV and Boise State. Ranked #41 on the sit out list.

https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

The year a transfer sits is one of his five years to play four seasons.  It is not a redshirt year, it is the transfer year.  A redshirt year is a year in the school that you started at and do not play.  Think the  year Ikenna Smart did not play because he was hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The year a transfer sits is one of his five years to play four seasons.  It is not a redshirt year, it is the transfer year.  A redshirt year is a year in the school that you started at and do not play.  Think the  year Ikenna Smart did not play because he was hurt.

I’m not saying that a transfer season is a redshirt season. The two are two different things. Maybe I’m wrong but when a players transfers the season he has to sit out is a lost year of eligibility. Therefore if a player uses a redshirt during the sit out year he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility. That’s my understanding. Please fact check that.

Updating/correcting myself: Transfers don’t lose a year of athletic eligibility. I’m wrong. Either way he’s committed to Houston.

Edited by DooleyBull06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...