Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cameron Tyson

Apparently were have reached out to Cameron Tyson of Idaho. Sit out transfer. Shooting guard who shot 43% from 3 last season. 6’3 185. Would be a sit one play 3 if he redshirts his transfer season. Has also heard from Houston, Colorado State (whom he’s visited), UNLV and Boise State. Ranked #41 on the sit out list.

https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

Edited by DooleyBull06

34 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I saw a tweet saying he had committed to Houston, then again we saw one that said Nickelberry had committed to Idaho too. It looks like he has at least visited Houston though, which is some solid competition for us.

Yeah, prep hoops Washington just had it 14 hours ago, i'd say it could be true after his visit there. 

That's why i have strong hope for Skogman 

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Apparently were have reached out to Cameron Tyson of Idaho. Sit out transfer. Shooting guard who shot 43% from 3 last season. 6’3 185. Would be a sit one play 3 if he redshirts his transfer season. Has also heard from Houston, Colorado State (whom he’s visited), UNLV and Boise State. Ranked #41 on the sit out list.

https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

The year a transfer sits is one of his five years to play four seasons.  It is not a redshirt year, it is the transfer year.  A redshirt year is a year in the school that you started at and do not play.  Think the  year Ikenna Smart did not play because he was hurt.

11 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The year a transfer sits is one of his five years to play four seasons.  It is not a redshirt year, it is the transfer year.  A redshirt year is a year in the school that you started at and do not play.  Think the  year Ikenna Smart did not play because he was hurt.

I’m not saying that a transfer season is a redshirt season. The two are two different things. Maybe I’m wrong but when a players transfers the season he has to sit out is a lost year of eligibility. Therefore if a player uses a redshirt during the sit out year he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility. That’s my understanding. Please fact check that.

Updating/correcting myself: Transfers don’t lose a year of athletic eligibility. I’m wrong. Either way he’s committed to Houston.

Edited by DooleyBull06

• 1 year later...