Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nana Akenten

McBulls

The fact that he was suspended indefinitely scares me. Also I was looking through the Nebraska forum and they made it sound like he hurt team morale and his work ethic dipped from year 1 to year 2. Part of what made this years team so good was the unselfish nature of the team, I don't want to bring in players that don't fit that style. 

I am all for it if the coaching staff feels like they can bring him in and he will adjust to the culture.

33 minutes ago, SGBull said:

The fact that he was suspended indefinitely scares me. Also I was looking through the Nebraska forum and they made it sound like he hurt team morale and his work ethic dipped from year 1 to year 2. Part of what made this years team so good was the unselfish nature of the team, I don't want to bring in players that don't fit that style. 

I am all for it if the coaching staff feels like they can bring him in and he will adjust to the culture.

Same here, as long as he can adjust and get his head on straight then I’m all for it 

Doing some research into his suspension, sounds like it was something academic related. Direct quote from one of his coaches was "It was a violation of team rules, you really can't get into more than that other than I wouldn't have done it unless, one, it was the right thing to do, and two, it can be a learning experience for Nana."

What I get from this is that he was potentially involved in some form of academic integrity violation. Not the end of his career but definitely something that should, and is, being addressed

Edited by 961819

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

What I get from this is that he was potentially involved in some form of academic integrity violation. Not the end of his career but definitely something that should, and is, being addressed

I'm not disagreeing with you, simply asking - what about this makes you jump to an academic integrity violation? If that were the case why would his coach leave the open the door of "unless it was the right thing to do"?

55 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, simply asking - what about this makes you jump to an academic integrity violation? If that were the case why would his coach leave the open the door of "unless it was the right thing to do"?

He went on to mention that Nana would be making sure he hits the books and study sessions more in the future. Sorry I probably should’ve included that lol

As for the “unless it was the right thing to do” I’m not really sure. Mentioning that he will be focusing more on his academics stood out  though

Edited by 961819

26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

His IG is just him with his friends, so i wonder if he postponed it? 

It would make sense if he did. Almost finals week for UB but other schools this is their finals week so maybe he’s waiting until the semester ends 

• 2 weeks later...

If it adds anything to the conversation, my dad is an usher at our church and one of the people that goes there is the secretary in the basketball office and she told him there’s been “a lot of guys visiting lately, including one this last weekend”

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 961819 said:

If it adds anything to the conversation, my dad is an usher at our church and one of the people that goes there is the secretary in the basketball office and she told him there’s been “a lot of guys visiting lately, including one this last weekend”

We are now a true fan base. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

We are now a true fan base. 

I know you say this in jest, but I suspect something like this would be on a checklist of "true fan bases".

All of these small efforts make the bandwagon a little larger...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UB92 said:

I know you say this in jest, but I suspect something like this would be on a checklist of "true fan bases".

We were tracking flights for the coaching search, though I don't think any candidates that we know of publicly were on flights we tracked.  That must count for something

• Thanks 1