Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Is there talk about Buffalo's season where you are?

dutchcountry7

In Maryland, very few people are aware or care. But they barely talk about the local teams unless you are hanging with alums of that school or they are in the Top-25.    

It was chilly last weekend so I wore my Bulls hoodie.  A guy noticed it at my sons morning baseball game and told me he's originally from Syracuse..  struck up a conversation how he played D-3 football at Saint Lawrence in the early 80's.  He recalled playing against UB back then and thought it was cool they were probably going to give Big10 Rutgers a beat down,, (which they did a couple hours later).  

My close friends (who are also alumni) have started to watch and follow UB sports with the recent success of basketball and football as well as a little bit of encouragement from me.  

Some of the NY Giants fans I know have taken note of Tyree and are looking at him as a potential Eli replacement. 

I have been working my friends for some time; a number of them have come to one or more UB games.  I actually have a friend who will be with me at the Miami (OH) game and he is quite pumped to see (an undefeated???) UB and some of our highly rated players (TJ, AJ, KH...etc.).  A few other friends who are NFL guys are starting to ask me about AJ and Tyree...

So, "yup", even in Canada amongst football guys!

I'm definitely hearing more interest.  Mostly from people that I work with.  I've been having people that have never talked about UB Football ask me about games.  "What station this Saturday?"  "What's the best way to get tickets?"  "I saw highlights. The QB is amazing"....  For those that ask about tickets, I always recommend the MoBull pass.  My hope is they'll bring a friend or 2, and then attend more games because they have the tickets left.   Get them on campus and there's a chance they'll want to come back to see this great team.

44 minutes ago, Backwater said:

I will now be a laughingstock at my work for insisting everyone tune in to watch the Army game and see how UB is up and coming.

We had a shit game, but stuff like this happens.  Look at the Bills first game, or what they did to the Vikings.  A team fell flat.  And we did that today.

We're 4-1.  We're still (at least I'm still) looking at Detroit.  We still have a ton of talent.

47 minutes ago, myBuffalo said:

I got a couple, "Hey man, I saw that they were down, how'd it end up?" or "What happened? Just couldn't stop that offense I guess huh..."

Definitely more on their radar - but to start the year 4-1 in the first 5 games is a great way to start the season to say the least.

Sounds like it wasn't as bad as you thought.  I am sure they will be keeping an eye on the Bulls in the future.