Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Savion Gallion - 2019 signee

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We are the best school on that list. Nice to see us as a finalist. We desperately need bigs still.

This is certainly the glass-is-half-full view.  We used to be a lot of guys "best school on the list" in the past.  I want us to be in on guys that also have P5 offers/interest as well.

I was hopeful that, even though we suffer Oats' leaving and losing all of our recruits, that the name/performance of UB these past few years would count for something.  If we are recruiting vs. YSU and Illinois State, that is disappointing.

8 minutes ago, UB92 said:

This is certainly the glass-is-half-full view.  We used to be a lot of guys "best school on the list" in the past.  I want us to be in on guys that also have P5 offers/interest as well.

I was hopeful that, even though we suffer Oats' leaving and losing all of our recruits, that the name/performance of UB these past few years would count for something.  If we are recruiting vs. YSU and Illinois State, that is disappointing.

We offered a 4 star PF yesterday with too many p5 offers to count. There are also clues hinting towards the recruiting of other players that are getting p5 offers. Skogman is also getting numerous p5 offers. However with there being 2 weeks left in the signing period, only offering players with p5 offers runs a very high risk of getting none of them and having a very small team size

I do agree though that we should set our sights high from now on due to recent success. However getting caught up in player ratings and offers is pointless when there’s players like Massinburg and Ja Morant that were barely rated as 2 stars 

Edited by 961819

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

We offered a 4 star PF yesterday with too many p5 offers to count. There are also clues hinting towards the recruiting of other players that are getting p5 offers. Skogman is also getting numerous p5 offers. However with there being 2 weeks left in the signing period, only offering players with p5 offers runs a very high risk of getting none of them and having a very small team size

I do agree though that we should set our sights high from now on due to recent success. However getting caught up in player ratings and offers is pointless when there’s players like Massinburg and Ja Morant that were barely rated as 2 stars 

At some point, though, I think you'd rather retain scholarships for next year than use them up for 2 years (or more).  I guess if you could get someone with one year of eligibility in that situation, it would be okay.  

We may be in on guys like Skogman, etc., but we need to sign them. 

CJ and Ja...those are the outliers and we (and Murray) lucked out.

1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Because he was already behind 4-5 very good guards, and Graves was able to take the extra step quicker than Reese did when Clark was ineligible. Reese will be a stud at North Texas. No doubt.

North Texas should have a strong backcourt. I’ll tune in periodically to see them play as glimpse of what could have been here. Could be an improved team, a team that was 21-10 last season. 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

North Texas should have a strong backcourt. I’ll tune in periodically to see them play as glimpse of what could have been here. Could be an improved team, a team that was 21-10 last season. 

Exactly. 

Plus the point was more that he DEVELOPED out as a sophomore in JUCO and has put himself in prime position as a 2-year player. North Texas could be sneaky decent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

From his own snap chat, it looks like he will be joining UB. 

He was at practice today and in UB apparel, and taking his shots for his jersey release. 

I'd almost say it's signed/sealed/delivered. 

Hopefully you're right but I feel like this is standard stuff.  I'd imagine you just never see the jersey pics of the kids that don't commit.  He's still got two official visits this week but maybe we're well above the other two in his mind.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Hopefully you're right but I feel like this is standard stuff.  I'd imagine you just never see the jersey pics of the kids that don't commit.  He's still got two official visits this week but maybe we're well above the other two in his mind.

I mean, check it out. It feels different than just a standard shoot.

@Ayoosaayy on snapchat

This one feels almost all but a commit. He may entertain those other places, but they are clearly behind UB in stature. 

Obviously not very highly recruited but that doesn’t mean anything really. CJ and Perkins weren’t that highly recruited and look how that turned out. Have to trust the coaching staff knows what they’re doing, and I definitely do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Obviously not very highly recruited but that doesn’t mean anything really. CJ and Perkins weren’t that highly recruited and look how that turned out. Have to trust the coaching staff knows what they’re doing, and I definitely do. 

Did he have any other D1 offers?