Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Antonio Reeves

40 minutes ago, McBulls said:

Where can you get a big at this juncture ready to play now? That is a tall ask.

Just unfortunate that we had three stud posts in our class prior to NO departure. At least we have Skogman- I think he will need to bulk up but is a sure fire all conference guy down the road.

Good point, it’s definitely asking a lot. Only real solution for that I’d say is the transfer market and even then the ones that are eligible immediately are getting scooped up left and right. Might be a season similar to the one where Kadiri was our “big” 

1 hour ago, McBulls said:

Where can you get a big at this juncture ready to play now? That is a tall ask.

Just unfortunate that we had three stud posts in our class prior to NO departure. At least we have Skogman- I think he will need to bulk up but is a sure fire all conference guy down the road.

I think you'd be surprised. The #12 JUCO player just Decommited from Texas Tech today for example. I don't think we're necessarily in play for him but there's talent still out there and I'm sure there will continue to be ripple effect until a while after the draft pool is finalized. It's late in the recruiting cycle for players just as it is for teams.

I don't think talent pool is the issue, the bigger issue to me it seems is that our ability to land high level recruits has been predicated on coaches building relationships with players early and staying in contact. We don't really have time on our side but Skogman and Nickelberry were solid pulls on short notice. Regardless of what the rest of the class turns out like I'm optimistic for future classes.

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UB92 said:

That's okay.   We lost out to Illinois State...you know...they are from the MVC...so it is okay because the MVC recently finished ahead of the MAC in conference rankings.  We are probably going to find a diamond-in-the-rough during the summer.

I just found this 

1 Big 12 0.588 Kansas (26-10) 1
2 Big Ten 0.568 Michigan St (32-7) 2
3 ACC 0.567 Duke (32-6) 3
4 SEC 0.565 Kentucky (30-7) 4
5 Big East 0.556 Villanova (26-10) 5
6 American 0.547 Houston (33-4) 6
7 Pac-12 0.531 Washington (27-9) 7
8 WCC 0.527 Gonzaga (33-4) 8
9 MAC 0.523 Buffalo (32-4) 9
10 Ivy 0.514 Yale (22-8) 10
11 Atlantic 10 0.500 VCU (25-8) 11
12 Southern 0.499 Wofford (30-5) 12
13 CUSA 0.498 Old Dominion (26-9) 13
14 MVC 0.496 Drake (24-9) 14
15 Mountain West 0.493 Nevada (29-5) 15

I just found this from  TeamRankings.com. I guess UB carried the MAC conference..