Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Recruiting Speculation

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

I’d have to disagree about the star performer part. The talent that is still unsigned as well as the players that are in the transfer portal still means there’s plenty of potential still out there. Yes CJ being an overlooked 2 star ending up being arguably the best player in school history is rare and unlikely to be repeated, but when there’s still unsigned 3 stars and P5 players in the transfer portal, I still think we can get some key contributors. Only uncertain for me is whether the player(s) we bring in will have to sit a year then play or if they’ll be freshmen/grad transfers 

Maybe you are right.  If I recall, the # of players in the transfer portal this year dwarfs previous years and, thus, maybe there is more quality players available at this point.  Time will tell.

4 hours ago, UB92 said:

Maybe you are right.  If I recall, the # of players in the transfer portal this year dwarfs previous years and, thus, maybe there is more quality players available at this point.  Time will tell.

I think it’s kind of ridiculous the amount of players that are in the portal this year, but hey that’s just me 

3 hours ago, 961819 said:

I think it’s kind of ridiculous the amount of players that are in the portal this year, but hey that’s just me 

There  is nothing to compare the number against.  This is the first yea rthe information is public.  It could be the same amount of students looking to transfer as every year before.  It is now in the open for the first time.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

There  is nothing to compare the number against.  This is the first yea rthe information is public.  It could be the same amount of students looking to transfer as every year before.  It is now in the open for the first time.

I meant more like the actual number of players transferring is crazy. Even as you said since it’s now public knowledge maybe seeing an actual number for it changes perception of it. Still crazy to think that there’s that many transfers on a yearly basis

Didn’t mean to seem as though I was upset with our staff and recruiting- love the team we have coming back and very happy with our three signees. Nickelberry is more of a 3, though. Still think we need a play now big if we want to repeat in the MAC next year. Skogman will give us some minutes, but he is still a freshman big- will take time to develop. 

12 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Big for next year is still an urgent need. Can't believe the staff thinks Brock and Skogman will be enough.

Somewhat agree. Don’t think we should totally dismiss Brock though, he was one of our best recruits ever and has sat behind a couple of our best teams ever. He could be a pleasant surprise this year 

Edited by UB05

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

Somewhat agree. Don’t think we should totally dismiss Brock though, he was one of our best recruits ever and has sat behind a couple of our best teams ever. He could be a pleasant surprise this year 

One of our best recruits who has done absolutely nothing. We have seen all that we have seen with him. We are still incredibly thin at forward.

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

I hope he develops and surprises people, but from what we’ve seen of him, he lacks the lateral quickness to be an even halfway decent defender and it ends up with him fouling a lot.

I hope we land a surprise transfer big because our current forward depth is going to lead to us being bullied by anyone with a halfway decent big 

10 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

One of our best recruits who has done absolutely nothing. We have seen all that we have seen with him. We are still incredibly thin at forward.

The guy has 2 years left so I doubt this is accurate. We’ll see though.

I'm rooting hard as hell for Brock but I view any real contributions we get from him as a bonus moving forward. He should be able to eat 8 minutes per game in the right matchup...but we need another rotation big badly and I'm sure the staff is working on it. 

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Big for next year is still an urgent need. Can't believe the staff thinks Brock and Skogman will be enough.

How do you know that the staff thinks they will be enough? Just because no one has signed yet doesn't mean we aren't currently recruiting bigs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SGBull said:

How do you know that the staff thinks they will be enough? Just because no one has signed yet doesn't mean we aren't currently recruiting bigs.

Exactly, thank you. We still need to fill 2 scholarships. And they will probably be filled within the next month.

12 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Do we know of any recruits the team was/is in contact with that are still available?

I noticed 3 coaches followed Eric Hamilton . He was an efficient reserve big man on a good UNC Greensboro team that decided to grad transfer. He'd be #1 on my list right now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I noticed 3 coaches followed Eric Hamilton . He was an efficient reserve big man on a good UNC Greensboro team that decided to grad transfer. He'd be #1 on my list right now.

Yes please.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I want him also.  A big who can rebound and put up high percentage shots.  Skogman seems like more of a forward who can space the floor so they wouldn't clog up the paint.

31 minutes ago, 961819 said:

He’s listed at 6’9 250 now, and spent his freshman and sophomore years with Wichita St. I like it all around.

I like that he doesn't seem to be a showboat. He's just a good worker who plays the game hard. I think he would fit well in our system

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

I like that he doesn't seem to be a showboat. He's just a good worker who plays the game hard. I think he would fit well in our system

Thought the same thing, never was a fan of the trash talking players. The ones that kill other teams quietly

5 minutes ago, blue said:

His UNCG highlight reel has some Nick Perkins to it. 

Definitely got Perk vibes from it. He looks like he’d be an awesome addition to the team 

• Like 2