Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Recruiting Speculation

26 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

As a grad transfer he would be immediately eligible.

Is it true that as a grad transfer you can only play one year, but their scholarship would count against the school for 2 years? I think I read that on Reddit.

41 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Is it true that as a grad transfer you can only play one year, but their scholarship would count against the school for 2 years? I think I read that on Reddit.

no....

only in situations where the player has to sit a year first, like Gabe Grant and Antwain Johnson

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SGBull said:

How do you know that the staff thinks they will be enough? Just because no one has signed yet doesn't mean we aren't currently recruiting bigs.

I meant "there's no way the staff thinks Brock and Skogman are enough" when I said "I can't believe..."

6 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

There was a proposed rule change to this effect but I believe it was already shot down.

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

There was a proposed rule change to this effect but I believe it was already shot down.

I want to say the proposed rule was that the scholarship would be tied up for the length of the grad program the player was going for.

The NCAA is trying to cut down on grad transfers. 

What has become an issue has been guys grad transferring but dropping out of school after they play their last remaining eligible year and never finishing the grad program

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

Coach Jenkins is in Miami, any significance to this or do you think it’s just a vacation?

I doubt he's on vacation with two open scholarships still. Maybe he's there for 6'8" F DeAndre Pinckney, averaged 18 and 9 in JUCO as a freshman, but I think he went under the radar because he committed to a D2 early. He since Decommited and has offers from FIU, New Mexico and Florida Gulf Coast.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I doubt he's on vacation with two open scholarships still. Maybe he's there for 6'8" F DeAndre Pinckney, averaged 18 and 9 in JUCO as a freshman, but I think he went under the radar because he committed to a D2 early. He since Decommited and has offers from FIU, New Mexico and Florida Gulf Coast.

Good detective work, thanks! It would also make a lot of sense given Jenkins JUCO roots

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

Good detective work, thanks! It would also make a lot of sense given Jenkins JUCO roots

Verbal Commits call him a 2020 player, I'm not sure if he'd be granted a freshman JUCO qualifier (I think that's based on grades). They could be look at him for next year too

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Verbal Commits call him a 2020 player, I'm not sure if he'd be granted a freshman JUCO qualifier (I think that's based on grades). They could be look at him for next year too

What is a freshman JUCO qualifier?  Is that what he would need to be able to transfer after his freshman year instead of graduating first?  I didn't know you normally couldn't do that.

3 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

What is a freshman JUCO qualifier?  Is that what he would need to be able to transfer after his freshman year instead of graduating first?  I didn't know you normally couldn't do that.

Yeah. You need to be a qualifier (not sure how you do that) to be able to leave and play immediately as a Sophmore (like Cadwell).

He's top 10 in scoring and top 30 in rebounding in all of JUCO.

If he was eligible for 2019, he'd be top 10 on every list. It gets pretty confusing I think.

Edited by Kevin

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

So was it determined that the signing day deadline didn’t actually mean anything? 

I just think it means it’s the first day a recruit can officially sign the LOI. I think recently it’s lost its flair bc recruits are making a spectacle of signing. It’s just one massive free for all. 

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Is this just throwing a name out there or is there validity to him possibly transferring to UB?

It's somewhere between a shot in the dark and a shot in the mostly dark but there's a hint of light.