Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tyree Jackson - NFL watch

admin

I hate to do this, but Tyree is getting some attention as a possible 2019 draftee.

ESPN+ has a article and it currently has him as a sleeper at #4 ranked QB.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/24770371/picking-quarterback-risers-sleepers-2019-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay

Here's the blurb.
You need to watch Jackson and the Bulls, who are 4-0 and just walloped Rutgers. Jackson, a fourth-year junior, is huge -- 6-foot-7, 245 pounds. He has a big arm and can move, though he's not a runner. He takes care of the football, too. Jackson has 27 touchdown passes and only six interceptions over his last two seasons. I have him ranked as my No. 4 underclassman signal-caller for this class, and he could rise even further. -- Kiper

I was thinking about this and how we can try to get him to return for his senior year.  He's currently not in any Heisman discussions, but perhaps we can try to get a Heisman campaign so he could return to try to win the Heisman.  

Anyone have any ideas?  Maybe the only thing that will have him return is the potential to improve his draft stock next year.  He probably still needs to improve his reads and progression for the next level.  Ahh, the joys of success.

If KJ Osborn and the other receivers didn't pick up this season, I would say he is a goner for sure. I honestly think it depends how this season goes.

If we make it to a big Bowl game and win, I can see him declaring. If we end with a mediocre season, I see him staying to increase his draft stock. 

I hope he stays but each game when I keep saying "how did he pull off that throw!?" makes me think more and more he is going. 

13 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Juniors draftees rarely achieve success in the NFL. It would behoove TJ3 to play his senior year. He could be a #1 overall pick in 2020.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a UB player get picked #1 and I love TJ, but I think you're giving us a little too much credit. I would be stoked to see him go in the first round.

20 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Juniors draftees rarely achieve success in the NFL. It would behoove TJ3 to play his senior year. He could be a #1 overall pick in 2020.

This is a violent game at every level.  And the average professional career is a handful of years.  Success is a paycheck.  So by my definition of success every early draftee is a huge success.