Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

OT: John Beilein to the Cavs

23 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Also of note: Warde Manuel now has a very important decision on his hands.

I'm sure it's not all that challenging, as he probably has a relatively unlimited budget to pay for someone and would have a large number of people who would be interested in the job, in addition to a great tradition of athletics at the school.

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

I'm sure it's not all that challenging, as he probably has a relatively unlimited budget to pay for someone and would have a large number of people who would be interested in the job, in addition to a great tradition of athletics at the school.

I didn’t say challenging. I said important. I agree he has all the resources in the world. Lots of big names and good names to be had. Will be interesting to see who he hires. Was just referencing him bc he use to be ours.

Edited by DooleyBull06

I’d say if they bring in one of their former players that also played in the NBA they could easily bounce back recruiting wise and even retain their recruiting class. Sort of like what’s happening in Memphis with Hardaway. They’re building a pretty scary team down there. Maybe one of the Fab Five?

1 minute ago, 961819 said:

I’d say if they bring in one of their former players that also played in the NBA they could easily bounce back recruiting wise and even retain their recruiting class. Sort of like what’s happening in Memphis with Hardaway. They’re building a pretty scary team down there. Maybe one of the Fab Five?

Penny is off to a great start. And has used his AAU connects and prior coaching in the circuit to his advantage. Let’s see what he does with the talent and if he can repeat recruit like this in years to come.

Juwaan Howard comes to mind but I don’t think Michigan entrust it’s team to a rookie coach.

10 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Penny is off to a great start. And has used his AAU connects and prior coaching in the circuit to his advantage. Let’s see what he does with the talent and if he can repeat recruit like this in years to come.

Juwaan Howard comes to mind but I don’t think Michigan entrust it’s team to a rookie coach.

Definitely will be interesting to see if he can keep it going. Michigan is top of the line blue blood and has more than enough money to get whoever they wanted to coach them, it’ll be interesting to see who they go with