Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Radio Silence

Is anyone else really antsy about how quiet it's been out of UB's athletics department for our roster? I mean, I know we have had a few good sign ons, but I so badly want to hear what we're doing with the last few roster spots!

The silence is KILLING ME!!

At this point I'm pleased with how the staff bounced back with the three man class. I imagine it may be quiet for a bit early this summer. I would love the staff to grab a Canadian or Euro big that has fallen through the cracks. Or a 27 year old 6'6 PF from the Delavan-Moselle community center. Any big.

Not sure what the buzz is around the French kid from Texas Tech. Haven't seen anything actually substantiated on that 

• Like 1

How many minutes for any incoming guys are truly available for this season? The top returnees (Graves , Jordan, Segu, Williams) along with the 2 seniors (Johnson and Grant) should eat up a good portion, combined with Skogman/Nickelberry likely getting some solid time, then Brock, Fagan, Gallian. I mean, obviously we all would love one or two big studs coming in, and I'm sure the coaches are searching for guys, but we're in pretty good shape right now.

• Like 1

The radio silence doesn't necessarily bother me.  The part that bothers me is the fact that we have been seemingly involved with several players recently...to schools that have not been as successful recently as UB...and have lost out on those players.    We've been to the NCAA tournament now several times and have wins in the last two...and were ranked almost all season.  I would have assumed that would count for something more than it is, apparently.   

I think recruits are a little skeptical of Whitesell. Maybe they don’t think we will be as offensively dominant as we were under Oats. And that potentially is shying kids away right now. Oats just signed Quinerley from Nova. And the kid praised Oats and his style. I think we need to get out there and show that we aren’t going to revert back to slow ball on offense. Then recruits will be open to coming her again. Idk just a thought. 

Skogman and Nickelberry are our 4th and 5th highest rated recruits of all time per 247 behind Williams, Harris, and Segu.  Our recruiting is fine.  There's no imminent rush to sign anybody and I wouldn't be shocked to see us pocket one of the scholarships.  Recruiting takes time and we're not going to get every single one of our targets.  What they've done in the period of time they've had has been great and I don't think they're done yet.  I'd rather they take their time finding impact recruits than sign the first dudes that wanna go to school for free for the sake of having 13 scholarships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

The radio silence doesn't necessarily bother me.  The part that bothers me is the fact that we have been seemingly involved with several players recently...to schools that have not been as successful recently as UB...and have lost out on those players.    We've been to the NCAA tournament now several times and have wins in the last two...and were ranked almost all season.  I would have assumed that would count for something more than it is, apparently.   

Doesn't help when you have a UB assistant coach telling the recruits that the program has invested in courting all year that the program can't be successful with Whitesell and that they shouldn't consider playing for UB if that assistant coach isn't hired.

The new staff is behind in the recruiting due to the sabotage.  They are working hard and are doing well.