Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

3pt Line

It will be interesting to see how it affects our play. In theory, we are a pretty guard based team for next year, and I'd assume that we planned on many 3s. I am sure that we will still take them, but I wonder the % change that it will make. It's a pretty large distance back, so that may change philosophies over time. Everyone is in the same boat, and will have all summer to get those shots up at the new distance. Let's put up a thousand a day!

45 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects our play. In theory, we are a pretty guard based team for next year, and I'd assume that we planned on many 3s. I am sure that we will still take them, but I wonder the % change that it will make. It's a pretty large distance back, so that may change philosophies over time. Everyone is in the same boat, and will have all summer to get those shots up at the new distance. Let's put up a thousand a day!

This had been rumored for a while and I saw Whitesell say somewhere that they took about 30 3s per game last year and will look to continue to do that even if the rule changed.

Akron players take note.  A technical foul will be now assessed when “derogatory language about an opponent’s race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.”

Edited by rma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, rma said:

Akron players take note.  A technical foul will be now assessed when “derogatory language about an opponent’s race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.”

Were they having issues with this type of thing?