Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Preview

SGBull

Athlon's prediction puts us within easy reach of the championship game.  

This line sums it up for me as I hope for good performance as a QB steps out from Jackson's shadow.   The O-line and ground game should help loosen up the passing game (at least a bit).  

"The Bulls can lean heavily on a standout line and ground game to ease the transition on offense."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, weareub46 said:

I’d be more than happy with that MAC record but if we can be 5-3 in MAC we can get more than 1 OOC win. Still 6-6 or 7-5 in a rebuilding year would be a ok by me 

I'm with you on the MAC record.....5-3 would be good all things considered.  Aside from Robert Morris, I'm not sure I like our OOC chances.....maybe Liberty, but it's a road game; Temple and Penn State (I hate to say it) look much stronger on paper.

6-6 would be a good transition year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually have a pretty good idea about the outlook for the team but this year I'm clueless.  I feel like 6-6 would be a decent record for this club.  If we have a breakout QB and some WR's show up big maybe 7 or 8 wins?!?  If the QB's under-perform and/or we have a big injury or two it could be a 3-4 win season.   I'm hoping the D comes up huge.

17 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

I’m hoping for the best too but I think we return less starters on defense than we do on offense this year which could be rough. I think if we have a successful year it’s going to be driven by our experience and talent at o-line and the RBs just going off 

Perhaps a tad early  but "Winner, winner  chicken dinner"

The newest UB Football Insider gives the sense that we will use our backs much more in the passing game. Even Ron Cook Jr has shown well and could get some snaps, possibly as a return man. There was also a comment from Awosika gleefully saying Lefebvre being our TE/WR weapon.

In the News today said "Ruiz, Nunn, Daniel Lee, Jordan Overton and LeMaro Smith" missed Saturday's scrimmage. Leipold said many WR's will be used this year.