Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Laquill Hardnett - 2019 signee

54 minutes ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

https://twitter.com/ColbyGHoops/status/1141088006197194754

Says we have reached out to him, along with Michigan, George Washington and the Bonnies.

Michigan is the only team on that list that scares me. Can’t blame him if he went there. That’s a step up from Cincy. Although I think Howard is trying to fill a roster and once the next recruiting cycle ramps up he would look to have similar success as Penny has in terms of recruiting. Meaning if Hardnett goes to Michigan, in a year or two he would be passed by incoming highly touted recruits. While if he comes here he’d be a fixture his whole career.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Michigan is the only team on that list that scares me. Can’t blame him if he went there. That’s a step up from Cincy. Although I think Howard is trying to fill a roster and once the next recruiting cycle ramps up he would look to have similar success as Penny has in terms of recruiting. Meaning if Hardnett goes to Michigan, in a year or two he would be passed by incoming highly touted recruits. While if he comes here he’d be a fixture his whole career.

It's an interesting scenario for sure. Yeah he picked the big name school over us the first time, so he could easily do it again. But maybe he didn't love sitting out last year at Cincy and decides he'd rather take the (pretty much) guaranteed minutes here over possibly riding the pine again at Michigan?

As Bill mentioned, who knows what this means regarding Nigel John. Assuming Hardnett would be able to play immediately though, I'd be thrilled to get either of these guys to fill out our roster.

• Like 1

Not a bad option at all would make us more versatile, we definitely have to fill this last spot with a big man who is eligible to play this coming year. Skogman the only true big man, and I just don’t trust Bertram for any significant minutes so this last spot is really important and will definitely get good amount of minutes.

19 hours ago, Bill said:

Would this mean he is eligible right away? Could Nigel John not be a sure thing maybe if we’re reaching out to Hardnett?

Twitter scuttlebutt is that Cinci will waive his transfer (making him immediately eligible)

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

We were his 2nd choice last year, hopefully Oats wasn't the main reason we were that high on his list.

Not that my opinion matters, we are a great choice even with Oats departure.  Would be nice to wrap up the 2019-2020 team.

30 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Not that my opinion matters, we are a great choice even with Oats departure.  Would be nice to wrap up the 2019-2020 team.

Technically, Oats' departure is the only reason we could be a choice at all now for Hardnett. Likely wouldn't have had an open scholarship otherwise. 😄 Seriously, can't say enough about the new staff bringing in the type of class they have so far, and yes this would wrap it up nicely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...