Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Operation 3000

Here is the long overdue chart for the RPI vs. Attendance figures for all Women’s basketball teams in the MAC. 

How has the conference grown?  Well, just over a decade ago, only 2 teams consistently finished in the top 100 RPI.   The past 2 years, 6 teams were in the top 100.

Which teams have the worst attendance?  Akron, Miami, NIU and Ohio have never averaged more than 1K for home games.

So, which teams are growing?  Buffalo, CMU and Kent St. all exceeded an average of 2K for the first time this year.

Holy Toledo Batman... they have been above 2K for a full decade now.  And, over 4K(!) twice in that span.

Does UB's jump in attendance coincide with a coaching change? (let's bump that up to 3000!)  What about BGSU?  (that's a dramatic drop in RPI...)

WBB MAC RIP-Attendance.JPG

Edited by 121Merrimac
Clarified; it’s WBB

I suspect there's some funky numbers in northwest Ohio.  I find it odd that Toledo outdraws CMU and BG is around CMU's attendance.  Especially given BG's fall over the past few years.

That being said, it's terrible that UB WBB does not draw a larger crowd.  The crowd (butts in seats) has grown exponentially over the past 5 or so years.  But we are spoiled with Coach Jack, and quite frankly on borrowed time.  She was reportedly offered the Penn State job, and there's no doubt in my mind that if she wanted to she could get paid more.  I had zero interest in women's basketball (or men's basketball to be honest) before UB, and I now find myself driving to Storrs and Albany to watch NCAA tournament games.  Go watch this team, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bowling Green attendance makes sense to me, they were really good for quite awhile.  Those older fans could be hooked, and just keep coming.  I’ll agree that Toledo’s attendance is a bit of a head scratcher.  Perhaps season ticket holders automatically get both genders?

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Yes, 2248 to 2107.  Just barely beat Kent St too, as they had 2242.  Only Toledo’s 3728 was higher than UB. 

Which means we possibly had the largest attendance of "butts in seats" in the conference this season.  Good stuff.  Let's beat it this year!

Cierra Dillard was the most entertaining Bull i've ever watched on any team. Im sure we can keep winning, Idk if we have that X factor anymore...

Also the end of the era with CMU hurts, but I'm looking forward to continuing what we started with Ohio last year...im sure the Cats think it's their turn now.