Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nick Perkins

It was funny watching him take the jump ball. I'm not sure that he took it during his time at UB. Even in the couple of starts that he got, I believe Montell took the jump (at least over the last 2  years). I look forward to seeing him play in Vegas next week.

3 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

Only caught some of the game. He didn't look out of place but also didn't get a ton of minutes (had 3 fouls in 13 minutes)

Was cool to see him get the start Miami ran all over the Lakers the whole.

Perk finish 3/7 0/2 3pt, 7 pts

I watched the first quarter and kept up with the box score on my phone. When I saw him he looked pretty good, any idea why he didn't really play in the second half?

REALLY nice one on one move and one hander at the end of the half by Perk that the commentators liked.

Otherwise they have him running around dizzy on ball screens. I get it, they have to throw this team together in days so its not looking completely pretty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

REALLY nice one on one move and one hander at the end of the half by Perk that the commentators liked.

Otherwise they have him running around dizzy on ball screens. I get it, they have to throw this team together in days so its not looking completely pretty.

Was gonna say, they really don’t know how to use him 

2 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Was gonna say, they really don’t know how to use him 

Yeah, I'm sure the coaches are clueless. 

I mean, he's a 6'8 guy playing Center in the NBA summer league. The games showcase some stuff, but I'm sure the time spent in drills and practice show even more, as that time is far greater than the quick summer league games. He's holding his own and seeing a solid amount of playing time. We should all be happy for him and hope he continues to grow as a player. Nearly every one of the guys in the summer league will not be on an NBA roster this year. Hopefully he can impress someone and get a G-League opportunity so that he can have that opportunity down the line.

Perkins has been good, but if the Lakers are looking at taking a big man from their SL team I fear that Cacok has shown more than him thru 2 games. Luckily they're playing in Vegas too so Perkins has opportunities but he can't be the pretty good, second best UDFA big man and make an NBA roster. I agree though that I feel that they're not using him well. Additionally I feel running with first unit PG Joe Young, who is just trying to get his own, has done him no favors.

Edited by trueblue32

15 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Perkins has been good, but if the Lakers are looking at taking a big man from their SL team I fear that Cacok has shown more than him thru 2 games. Luckily they're playing in Vegas too so Perkins has opportunities but he can't be the pretty good, second best UDFA big man and make an NBA roster. I agree though that I don't feel that they're not using him well. Additionally I feel running with first unit PG Joe Young, who is just trying to get his own, has done him no favors.

Yeah Cacok has been everywhere and looks much better unfortunately.

57 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Yeah, I'm sure the coaches are clueless. 

I mean, he's a 6'8 guy playing Center in the NBA summer league. The games showcase some stuff, but I'm sure the time spent in drills and practice show even more, as that time is far greater than the quick summer league games. He's holding his own and seeing a solid amount of playing time. We should all be happy for him and hope he continues to grow as a player. Nearly every one of the guys in the summer league will not be on an NBA roster this year. Hopefully he can impress someone and get a G-League opportunity so that he can have that opportunity down the line.

? I’m saying the coaches clearly don’t know how to use his abilities clearly with how they’re currently using him. It’s not giving him a chance to shine and bright as he could be