Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nick Perkins

18 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Little rough for Perk so far tonight. Had some good plays as well. Just came back in the floor in 2Q

Haven’t had a chance to watch but I see he has 12 points at half, did he have a rough start?

Perkins playing again tonight.  It seems he is starting every game and gets minutes.  He scored and good # of rebounds.  Don't look at his +/- though.

I suspect that he will be part of the Lakers G-League team this year to see if he develops.  It would be a good spot for him.

I don't think it can be understated that by starting Perk has to battle the top big man on every opposing team, which at times have included current NBA players.

While Cacok has looked good, he is able to do it against back ups in each of the first five games.

• Like 2

Very solid night from Perk and great efficiency on the offensive end. The fouls in summer league are usually tightly called, especially on big men, as the officials are working things out as well.

Perkins' NBA role would be one of bench scoring and effort and a player who will use his fouls in the minutes he sees. For what his role will be, I feel like he has made a good account of himself thus far. A guy like Cacock is always going to "look" better in the eyes of most due to his style and skill set. Cacock is a leaper, finisher, rim protector...Perk is none of those at the NBA level but can score in a much wider variety of ways...two totally different roles.

I don't think anyone can predict what the Lakers will do or are really looking for from this summer league roster but Perkins at least has a shot at a 2-way contract, either with LAL or another team.

• Like 1

Really happy for Perkins. 

Remember, he was the one player who stuck with us when Hurley left. So glad he’s being rewarded. 

It doesn’t matter if you go to a smaller program. It doesn’t matter if you are coming off the bench. Put in your work, improve your game and you will be rewarded.