Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nick Perkins

Here's the thing, though.   He doesn't make the shot and is trying to slap the ball out of the hand of the rebounder.  He misses and gets his headband.

He realizes the headband that he is now hold is drenched with sweat.  What should he do?  He does the childish thing and flings it back at him, but he really should have just tossed it off the court.  It is what you might see on the playground.

I wouldn't say that this is "he lost his cool", but it isn't a good look.   I hope all of the other positive stuff he did this summer outweighs this unfortunate decision.

If they like his play, they overlook this.

Ha, I'm almost 99% sure that he did it intentionally.  He might not even have realized that he's doing it intentionally, but he did.  There is no way you can pull someone's headband without actually pulling it off with your fingers.  Think of playing flag football.  You know how hard it is grab a flag?  It doesn't somehow magically end up in your hand.

I'm a Knick fan.  Mitchell Robinson will do that to you.  He blocked Perkin's 3 earlier.  There is no one else who does that in the NBA; blocking 3s.  Perkins has never seen anything close to that in 4 years in college.  It's a tough cover with all the lob dunks also, so I think he had enough.  

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Perk will be playing with Niigata Albirex of the Japanese top flight next season. Interesting move. Obviously we all hoped for a 2-way NBA deal for him but hopefully he can work on his game overseas and make it back. Good luck Nick!

https://www.asia-basket.com/Japan/basketball.asp?NewsID=591235&showcomments=1&Women=0#c

I was poking around on the site and see another former Bull is playing over there, Javon McCrea, Yokohoma B-Corsairs.  He only played in 14 games last year, but averaged 19.4 points per game and 9.1 rebounds during that time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...