Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UConn returns to the BE

33 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Their move today won’t be enough for realignment to land at UB’s feet but I could see some home BBall games from them in return for some football games in the future if they end up Indy.  Which I’d be a big fan.

Why couldn't Buffalo take their spot? 

3 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Their move today won’t be enough for realignment to land at UB’s feet but I could see some home BBall games from them in return for some football games in the future if they end up Indy.  Which I’d be a big fan.

What is it about UB playing UConn and beating them on the grid iron, on their (UB's) way to a MAC Championship of football, makes you a big fan?  I am too.....just wondered?

20 hours ago, Gxtrex said:
20 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Why couldn't Buffalo take their spot? 

$

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, verandaman said:

What is it about UB playing UConn and beating them on the grid iron, on their (UB's) way to a MAC Championship of football, makes you a big fan?  I am too.....just wondered?

When UConn can’t fill their football schedule, we can step in and help.... in return for a visit by their b-ball team to Alumni.  Men and women.  Seems fair.

Maybe it's time to start a rumor of the large NE public universities, with solid athletic programs, starting their own league of like minded institutions. Buffalo, UCONN, UMASS, Temple, Ohio ... Others?  Pretty large TV markets. Lots of alums nearby. Easier travel. Like the old ECAC. But better.

You heard it (made up) here first.

1 hour ago, UB77 said:

Maybe it's time to start a rumor of the large NE public universities, with solid athletic programs, starting their own league of like minded institutions. Buffalo, UCONN, UMASS, Temple, Ohio ... Others?  Pretty large TV markets. Lots of alums nearby. Easier travel. Like the old ECAC. But better.

You heard it (made up) here first.

Because UCONN would never leave the BE for that lineup.  I smoke too much and talk some buffalo blue shit and I can’t even justify this while doing both...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

When UConn can’t fill their football schedule, we can step in and help.... in return for a visit by their b-ball team to Alumni.  Men and women.  Seems fair.

We aren't filling their schedule out for quite a few years.  We don't have room.

Start thinking outside the box! I guarantee that if Steve Sample and Bill Greiner were around they would looking very hard at this opportunity in the AAC.  Quit thinking about an eastern conference that is old school mentality. If I were the AD I would be contacting all donors and prospective ones to find out if they were willing to step up and help. Get an application in immediately to show we are ready and serious and willing to jump at it. Lets Go Buffalo. BTW where are the Pegulas. UB might share a new stadium one day! Can Danny White help? There is lots to do so lets find out NOW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Old Bull said:

Start thinking outside the box! I guarantee that if Steve Sample and Bill Greiner were around they would looking very hard at this opportunity in the AAC.  Quit thinking about an eastern conference that is old school mentality. If I were the AD I would be contacting all donors and prospective ones to find out if they were willing to step up and help. Get an application in immediately to show we are ready and serious and willing to jump at it. Lets Go Buffalo. BTW where are the Pegulas. UB might share a new stadium one day! Can Danny White help? There is lots to do so lets find out NOW!

No surprise that someone who has been around long enough and has seen the rise, fall, rise and ?????? of UB athletics would have such wisdom. I would add that Tripathi, Alnut, etc. should have been doing this for basketball long before Oats left. Oats wanted a rec center, which was given lip service by all concerned and promised for years, and the opportunity to get Alumni renovated into a basketball only facility with much higher seating capacity. Unlike UB, Oats did his research as to what would be necessary to make UB men's hoops a Gonzaga type program. Oats seeing UB did not share his vision for the program accepted the Alabama offer where he would not be so limited. Rather than seizing the incredible energy surrounding the huge and unprecedented energy and excitement brought to UB, Buffalo and WNY, they let this rare and perhaps only opportunity go by the wayside. This fan is and has been outraged since this all came down leading to ongoing evaluation of what level of commitment I will make to UB athletics in the future.

Alnut told Hodgson to leave immediately right after Oats gave his notice.

Lastly, what would Danny White have done and what would he be doing now?