Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Gone, Got, Didn’t Sign with UB

squire17

Can some ambitious Bulls fan provide us with a list of 1. Decommits 2. Incoming freshmen from High School 3. Incoming collegiate transfers eligible to play right away 4. Those transfers who will have to sit a year and 5. Players  who we considered but never signed with UB

32 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Can some ambitious Bulls fan provide us with a list of 1. Decommits 2. Incoming freshmen from High School 3. Incoming collegiate transfers eligible to play right away 4. Those transfers who will have to sit a year and 5. Players  who we considered but never signed with UB

If the "ambitious fan" does this in a spreadsheet, please add a column for "where they ended up".  I am interested to see where guys who decommitted from the program eventually ended up.

So Nickelberry, Skogman and Gallion are all eligible immediately right?  Mballa and Hardnett are seeking waivers?  Add them to a nucleus of Graves, Jordan, Williams, Segu plus transfers now eligible (Johnson & Grant), we might be alright.  Fagan going down hurts, but I feel okay with at least 7 high-level MAC players.

30 minutes ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

So Nickelberry, Skogman and Gallion are all eligible immediately right?  Mballa and Hardnett are seeking waivers?  Add them to a nucleus of Graves, Jordan, Williams, Segu plus transfers now eligible (Johnson & Grant), we might be alright.  Fagan going down hurts, but I feel okay with at least 7 high-level MAC players.

Nickelberry, Skogman, Gallion and Hardnett are eligible immediately. Mballa is the only uncertainty right now, fingers crossed that he gets cleared to play

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeyRattlesnake said:

Hardnett should be getting a waiver because he was a redshirt last season. Mballa is probably going to be sitting out. But, you never know.

I think I may have missed a couple players that we offered that didn’t show up on 24/7. For example Nana Akenten just committed to SEMO. Another player I think will be really good that we offered is 3 star Niven Glover, he hasn’t decided yet but he will do well wherever he goes 

18 hours ago, 961819 said:

As requested, all info is per 247's website. 

Buffalo 2019 Recruiting Class Results.xlsx 14.04 kB · 36 downloads

Thanks for doing this, impressive list. Almost every player went to a quality program, which means we are finding good talent and offering solid CBB talent. Can’t win them all, but I don’t know that we lost a lot between our original commits and our current recruits. Plus we now have 5 quality young men that WANT to play at BUFFALO and are confident in the coaching staff. I’m happy and looking forward to the season. Go Bulls!🤘🏻

• Like 4

On 7/2/2019 at 3:35 PM, 961819 said:

As requested, all info is per 247's website. 

Buffalo 2019 Recruiting Class Results.xlsx 14.04 kB · 57 downloads

This is an awesome list thanks! What 247 ranks did you use?  You show Hardnett as #372 nationally for instance.  247 sports composite shows him at 272 now, and 329 when he was first put up. Top247 shows him at 310 now and 289 when he was first put up.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gxtrex said:

This is an awesome list thanks! What 247 ranks did you use?  You show Hardnett as #372 nationally for instance.  247 sports composite shows him at 272 now, and 329 when he was first put up. Top247 shows him at 310 now and 289 when he was first put up.  Thanks!

Yeah I’m not really sure, there were so many different rankings for him I think I just did what his ranking was before committing to Cinci but even then I’m not too sure lol. Thank you though!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, JoeyRattlesnake said:

What happened to Tra'von Fagan? I was expecting that he'd end up carrying a lot of weight in the frontcourt, expecting that neither Bertram or Skogman will be in shape enough to play very much up-tempo UB basketball, and assuming that at least one of Mballa and Hardnett won't get a waiver under the new rule interpretations (if not both of them having to sit).

7 minutes ago, Bert Talbert said:

What happened to Tra'von Fagan? I was expecting that he'd end up carrying a lot of weight in the frontcourt, expecting that neither Bertram or Skogman will be in shape enough to play very much up-tempo UB basketball, and assuming that at least one of Mballa and Hardnett won't get a waiver under the new rule interpretations (if not both of them having to sit).

Torn acl 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, 961819 said:

Was wondering about him thanks. He’s buddies with Segu. Played high school ball with a 5 star teammate but often he shined more than the 5 star

Segu has turned in to quite the recruiter for Buffalo.  He seems to have lots of connections on the AAU circuit and has lobbied hard for them to join him at UB.  That shows me how badly he wants to win and how much he believes in this program and this coaching staff.  I also see a big jump in production from Segu this year.  He appears to have put on some weight and I expect big things from him on the court this year. 

• Like 1