Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jalen Lake (2021 G)

7 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Still don’t know why we haven’t changed it to of. It just makes too much sense.

SUNY designation.  We're the State University of New York at Buffalo.  The University is part of the New York system, located in (at) Buffalo.  Just like how State University of New York, University of Syracuse doesn't make much they just shorten it to SUNY Syracuse University.

Other states that have similar structures usually just drop the "at" like University of Illinois Springfield and University of Wisconsin Madison.  If we did that it would look something like this:

SUNYBuffaloAthleticLogo.jpg

Now that I've opened that can of worms....we can all agree that our system is better than Indiana's which has two public university systems, Indiana University and Purdue University.  Sometimes the public universities offer degree programs from both systems, so you get fun names like Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis.  Then there's Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne, which has now split into Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.  But they share the same campus.  And we thought New York was bad.

9 hours ago, rma said:

SUNY designation.  We're the State University of New York at Buffalo.  The University is part of the New York system, located in (at) Buffalo.  Just like how State University of New York, University of Syracuse doesn't make much they just shorten it to SUNY Syracuse University.

Other states that have similar structures usually just drop the "at" like University of Illinois Springfield and University of Wisconsin Madison.  If we did that it would look something like this:

Now that I've opened that can of worms....we can all agree that our system is better than Indiana's which has two public university systems, Indiana University and Purdue University.  Sometimes the public universities offer degree programs from both systems, so you get fun names like Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis.  Then there's Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne, which has now split into Purdue University Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne.  But they share the same campus.  And we thought New York was bad.

Just smash your keyboard add an I and a P, its most likely a school in Indiana. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rma said:

Syracuse isn’t a SUNY school, that’s why they have no of/at affiliation. They are a private university, not a part of the public system.

Edited by eanil

12 hours ago, rma said:

It was a rhetorical post. I know why we are AT and not of. My point is, we as the flagship SUNY school and as the public powerhouse we claim we are...we should tell SUNY that for our own branding purposes we should be of instead of at.

11 hours ago, eanil said:

Syracuse isn’t a SUNY school, that’s why they have no of/at affiliation. They are a private university, not a part of the public system.

Oh shit I forgot.

10 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Must we go through this with each new offer?

Sorry, probably could have done without a lot of what I posted.

11 hours ago, rma said:

Sorry, probably could have done without a lot of what I posted.

Lol it's all good!

Overall I just don't think it matters when a recruit does it - for many, they probably aren't that familiar with us until we start talking to them.

When ESPN/Media outlets get it wrong it's a different story.

For me it’s eye roll worthy when a recruit says “Buffalo University” but we are not unique in that aspect. Jamal Adams committed to the “University of LSU”

Unfortunately for a lot of these kids the name on the jersey/helmet means more than the (name on the) diploma.  

14 minutes ago, rma said:

For me it’s eye roll worthy when a recruit says “Buffalo University” but we are not unique in that aspect. Jamal Adams committed to the “University of LSU”

Unfortunately for a lot of these kids the name on the jersey/helmet means more than the (name on the) diploma.  

Let's poll freshman on campus and see what percentage says at vs of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Let's poll freshman on campus and see what percentage says at vs of.

At my freshman orientation, one of the orientation leaders caught me saying "of", he then corrected me and said "it probably doesn't bother you right now , but it will"...... He was right I generally don't like when I see "of"

With that said its not a big deal that a potential student/recuit uses "of" instead of "at", I'm sure a lot of future graduates made the same mistake at the same age. I did and I'm sure someone else reading this message did too

10 minutes ago, 961819 said:

I personally just hope we can get back to talking about the recruit this topic is about. Anyone have any links to highlights of his or anything like that?

Here is one youtube video.  Shows good outside range and quickness.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jalen+lake+basketball+youtube&view=detail&mid=48E344F785DEC888213248E344F785DEC8882132&FORM=VIRE

• Thanks 1