Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Chanse Robinson 2020

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We need to get moving on recruiting or at least hear some buzz. Schools are getting pledges left and right. BG got two this week alone. Time we start hearing something. 

I am eager to see some commits as well... Willing to be patient and trust the staff.  To put things in perspective we got commit from Williams and Segu late Sept / early October respectively last year.

32 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I am eager to see some commits as well... Willing to be patient and trust the staff.  To put things in perspective we got commit from Williams and Segu late Sept / early October respectively last year.

Every staff is different. Oats seemed to like to have his class wrapped up at the early signing period. Maybe Whitesell and company have a different approach. Time will tell.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We need to get moving on recruiting or at least hear some buzz. Schools are getting pledges left and right. BG got two this week alone. Time we start hearing something. 

I think we are recruiting a higher caliber of player than a lot of MAC schools. I think it is okay we havent gotten any commits yet, it is about going after the right guys

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

It is encouraging that he tweeted about Coach Jenkins and then tweeted that. Hopefully he picks us, we are going to need guards next year. 

If we can get a guard with his athleticism then we’ll be in a good position to have an instant replacement for Jordan. 

This class is probably going to be guard heavy 

Hopefully him tweeting about jenkins then hinting at a commitment means it's us.

But speaking about lack of signings, I think if ub comes out in the beginning of the season wins some games and plays a style they have played the past few years, it will go a long way in getting commits. Players may be a little hesitant in committing with out seeing the new coaching staff in action

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Hopefully him tweeting about jenkins then hinting at a commitment means it's us.

But speaking about lack of signings, I think if ub comes out in the beginning of the season wins some games and plays a style they have played the past few years, it will go a long way in getting commits. Players may be a little hesitant in committing with out seeing the new coaching staff in action

Absolutely agree, there’s a ton of talent out there. Look at the recruiting class the staff brought in on such short notice, very late in the recruiting year 

The timeline seems off to me. It looks like he is announcing his commitment this Friday, and is going to Buffalo for an official visit this weekend based on the tweets. Was his visit actually this past weekend? 

On 9/12/2019 at 7:54 PM, DocCas86 said:

I am eager to see some commits as well... Willing to be patient and trust the staff.  To put things in perspective we got commit from Williams and Segu late Sept  early October respectively last year.

23 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

The timeline seems off to me. It looks like he is announcing his commitment this Friday, and is going to Buffalo for an official visit this weekend based on the tweets. Was his visit actually this past weekend? 

Yes, he was already in Buffalo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Is anyone else just extremely confused about the sequence of events of this recruitment?

Yes, my only guess is that he is visiting today, already down to 2 schools, and will decide at the end of the day based on how the visit goes.