Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Chanse Robinson 2020

31 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Love seeing this level of dedication.  Just the type of guy you want on the team.

Also saw JoJo Freeman in his replies on this post showing him love. Great to see the two forming a bond already. The guys this year and beyond seem to be carrying on the last couple years of great camaraderie. It's really invaluable - likely why the roster stuck together in the off-season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Any chance they redshirt? How do they decide who does and who doesn't? 

They choose to redshirt those who aren't quite ready for this level. If there is little to no difference between others on the team, they can give the freshman a year to train and practice in order to help the team the next year (i.e skogman - needing to get faster and stronger, and his skill set along with those improvements will help him long term). I'd wager that these 2 are not redshirt material next year.

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

They choose to redshirt those who aren't quite ready for this level. If there is little to no difference between others on the team, they can give the freshman a year to train and practice in order to help the team the next year (i.e skogman - needing to get faster and stronger, and his skill set along with those improvements will help him long term). I'd wager that these 2 are not redshirt material next year.

Me thinks Chanse might be ready. 

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Source?

No source but I saw a couple posts from guys before Christmas that seemed to be telling Chanse good luck in the future.

Disappointing development to be sure. He looked more raw that I expected in early games, but I was hopeful about his potential based on his pedigree and raw skills.