Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tyree and Cam, Bills

zigo230

Tyree scrambling well in Carolina but having a rough time throwing the ball with any accuracy.  He dumped one off to the Rugby player who went 47 yards.

more importantly, Bills CB Cam Lewis was taken off the field on a stretcher on a cart. Neck immobilized.

After this game, I hope Tyree gets another chance.  Because he couldn’t hit the bomb, a slant, a touch pass or a fade pass.  Woefully inadequate.  The Bills are giving him a great chance and some solid game time these past 2 weeks. Ugh.  From what I’ve seen he’s not practice squad material at this moment.  Sorry to be harsh. 

7 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Imagine if Tyree stayed at UB and then maybe KJ Osborn and Tyler Mabry stayed too. We could've had one of the best teams in our history. That with our returning offensive line plus our stud RBs. What could have been...

#ForeverABull

Tyree, he made his choice,  and it was one that he will likely regret.

The other 2, to heck with them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, zigo230 said:

**Update-  Tyree got cut from the Bills.

Former Bulls QB Drew Anderson made the Cardinals practice squad.  

Another former Bull,  Demone Harris, made the Tampa Bay 53 man roster as an OLB.

That isn't possible since practice squads aren't officially formed until today. Was that a projection?

10 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

That isn't possible since practice squads aren't officially formed until today. Was that a projection?

Yeah true.  The media guy that put it on Twitter corrected himself to say as long as he clears waivers, the Cards plan to place Drew on the practice squad.

also of note, Jake Dolegala, the local (Hamburg?) QB who was at the UB Pro day with Tyree actually made the Cincinnati 53-man roster.  He had an awesome preseason.  I believe he played at FCS school CCSU.

and Chad Kelly made it on the Colts.

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Yeah true.  The media guy that put it on Twitter corrected himself to say as long as he clears waivers, the Cards plan to place Drew on the practice squad.

also of note, Jake Dolegala, the local (Hamburg?) QB who was at the UB Pro day with Tyree actually made the Cincinnati 53-man roster.  He had an awesome preseason.  I believe he played at FCS school CCSU.

and Chad Kelly made it on the Colts.

Quite a whiff by the Bills to take Tyree over Dolegala. Especially when they worked out side by side in their own facility.

3 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Quite a whiff by the Bills to take Tyree over Dolegala. Especially when they worked out side by side in their own facility.

Based on the preseason practices and games seems like Dolegala was way better. Not even close.  Cinci already has a promising rookie backup (Ryan Finley) and they still had to keep this guy on the final 53 out of fear of losing him.

as for the Bills, they are so set with Allen and Barkley, I think they threw Tyree and UB a bone. They can steal a #3 QB from some other club. Maybe even Dolegala someday. I’m sure in practice reps Tyree looked pretty good and flashed that arm strength. But man, in games he could not make quick enough decisions.  Unless he is told where to throw the ball, his instincts to deviate from the plan and find the hot receiver, quickly, were terrible. And he’d throw to guys that were blanketed.

Absolutely amazing Tyree leaves early and can't even latch on a practice squad anywhere. Maybe he was listening too much to Brad Riter and Scott Wilson who were talking about him being a first rounder on twitter and really inflating his ego all the time with their UB homerism. Anyone that could take a step back could see he needed another year in college, at UB or as a grad transfer.

• Like 1

It is sad to think of Tyree's situation. He really did need at least another year to show better decision making and accuracy, but I'm guessing he saw some of his best receivers leaving and had no confidence that his draft stock was going to increase beyond where it was last year. It was a big mistake and now he's paying the price. 

The real head scratcher for me though is Anthony Johnson. I thought he was the best receiver we ever had and I can't figure out how he isn't on an NFL team right now. Tyree would throw him bullets that were off the mark and he always came down with the ball. He has decent size, he's fast (enough), has tremendous hands, and gained yardage after the catch. The Bucs didn't even give him a chance.

34 minutes ago, UBFan99 said:

Absolutely amazing Tyree leaves early and can't even latch on a practice squad anywhere. Maybe he was listening too much to Brad Riter and Scott Wilson who were talking about him being a first rounder on twitter and really inflating his ego all the time with their UB homerism. Anyone that could take a step back could see he needed another year in college, at UB or as a grad transfer.

Yeah I listened to their podcast and no joke one of them was convinced that Jackson was less risky than Kyler Murray. They are too biased.

4 hours ago, UBFan99 said:

Too bad for Tyree.  Who knows what would have happened with his draft stock, but he really would have had a chance to work on the areas of his game that needed it...whether at UB or some other place in college.  He was the best QB we ever had and will be missed.  I hope something opens up for him somewhere.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UB92 said:

...He was the best QB we ever had and will be missed.  

Really? I don't think he was any better than Willy, Anderson, or even Licata. He just had much more hype due to his size. He was terribly inconsistent throughout his career and he brought us some of the worst losses in the history of our program: friggin' Albany and blowing a late 19-pt lead in the MAC Championship. I wish him well but I certainly won't remember him as our best QB ever.