Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

September 14 vs Liberty

myBuffalo

• 2 weeks later...

the receivers are subpar.  Myers has no help. They weren’t able to recover from losses like AJ, KJ, Mabry, Jones, etc.   I mean they have McDuffie and Dom Johnson out there. The best TE is hurt. No other WRs are stepping up

Edited by zigo230

I put a lot of the blame on Myers because he overshot wide open receivers multiple times in the first half. It has become more apparent that the o line deserves a big chunk of the blame in this game though. They are supposed to be our biggest strength and they’ve looked FCS level tonight. It’s disappointing realizing that Penn St was an anomaly and this team is unlikely to win many games going forward. 

Usually, a good Oline and RBs travel well, but Liberty’s Dline won the battle.  Didn’t see that coming.  Nor did I see the up-tempo offense by LU dominating what is supposed to be a good Bulls D.  Just one of those games.  They really wanted it more than the Bulls.  I’d consider Liberty the caliber of a mediocre MAC team so this doesn’t bode well.

• Like 1

Yeah hard to predict what this team does come MAC season. They showed nothing in game 1. Had me convinced of everything first half against Penn St. Now I'm thinking they might grab 2-3 more wins rest of year.

I think Myers has a great skillset and poise etc but it's only 3 games in so it would be hard for me to give up on him. He needs to work on his throw depth perception surely. I think overall his first 3 games have been fine with moments of pretty good.

I feel like we might again have a defense that gives up too many big plays but an offense that doesn't have the firepower to catch up. 

At best this team needed to honestly be kinda like the bills. Alot of 20-17 type wins with good defense and a running game. 

The o line looked good last week so it's pretty bad they didn't carry that over against liberty.

I don't know how good Temple is but they beat down the team they were supposed then beat Maryland who rolled Syracuse the week before. Looks like 1-3 😕

The dislike of this game started with the grey pants and continued throughout the ending. Disappointing for sure. Hopefully next week we can have a Willy to Naaman moment and we'll have a full stadium along with it. I assuredly don't expect the second and I'd guess that we'll be significant underdogs once the line comes out, even at home. I'll be there and hope you all will be too. Bring some friends!