Wed. 19 AKRON* 7 PM
Sat. 22 at Bowling Green* TBD
Wed. 26 MIAMI (OH)* 2 PM
Sat. 29 at Ohio* TBD

MARCH
Wed. 4 at Akron* TBD
Sat. 7 KENT STATE* 2 PM
11-14 Mid-American Conference Tournament Cleveland, OH

It seems like almost every year we have a month hiatus for WBB home games. Unless there’s a men’s home game that day (or we win the MACE), might need to go down to Olean on Dec 7.  Also love that we get CMU at home.  Despite losing Sue G, they’ll be towards the top of the MAC again.

Interestingly, the release says all times are in EST, though the exhibition should be EDT.

Nice to see a few more non-conference home games, as we had just three last season. Seems like a nicely balanced non-conf schedule with the one great opponent in Stanford, a handful of solid teams that should be similar to our level (Dayton, Drexel, American) and others against weaker teams that should give us some confidence boosting wins(CCSU, SJSU and the Ivy's). I would also hope all three Big 4 games would be wins but you never know...I think Canisius is headed in the right direction under Hemmer but probably still a year or two away from being decent.

The MAC should be a bit more open this year with CMU losing Sue and their top two players...Ohio probably will be the favorite in the polls but have yet to prove they can win in March.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rma said:

It seems like almost every year we have a month hiatus for WBB home games. Unless there’s a men’s home game that day (or we win the MACE), might need to go down to Olean on Dec 7.  Also love that we get CMU at home.  Despite losing Sue G, they’ll be towards the top of the MAC again.

Interestingly, the release says all times are in EST, though the exhibition should be EDT.

Finally someone else who picks up time errors.

Last year Ohio made it to the conference tournament championship game and then made it to the final eight of the WNIT.  That seems to me like winning in March.  I wouldn't put my money on Buffalo or Central just because they've made the NCAA tournament the last couple of years.  Rosters change.

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Last year Ohio made it to the conference tournament championship game and then made it to the final eight of the WNIT.  That seems to me like winning in March.  I wouldn't put my money on Buffalo or Central just because they've made the NCAA tournament the last couple of years.  Rosters change.

That's what I am saying...Ohio will be the favorite, but they haven't been able to break through to make the NCAA's, something Central and UB have both done multiple times as of late. Yes, I know rosters turn over but Central and UB have both done it with different rosters. Not saying Ohio can't but until they do they still have much to prove, just as Central and UB do this season after their personnel losses.

4 hours ago, myBuffalo said:

St. Joseph's Hawk Classic - yeah boy!! in the recently renovated Hagan Arena - 

Last year was the 25th anniversary of their weekend tourney and the outside teams were Rider and Loyola  - and its on a weekend! 

Four o'clock tip against Drexel, will have to leave New York by about 10:00 and hope to get there on time.  Black Friday.

16 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Finally someone else who picks up time errors.

Only to beat you to it 😛

On the former coach note, I would believe it on the CCSU side more than the SJSU side. Coach Jack and Donyell seemed close. 

Coach Jack has proved that she can win her regardless of roster turnover. Quite honestly I think we’re on borrowed time with her staying here. Somebody somewhere is going to give her an amazing offer.

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Four o'clock tip against Drexel, will have to leave New York by about 10:00 and hope to get there on time.  Black Friday.

Brook - you could always take the train and skip all the traffic - 30th Street station isn't too far from Hagan - alittle under 5 miles away.

17 hours ago, rma said:

Only to beat you to it 😛

On the former coach note, I would believe it on the CCSU side more than the SJSU side. Coach Jack and Donyell seemed close. 

Coach Jack has proved that she can win her regardless of roster turnover. Quite honestly I think we’re on borrowed time with her staying here. Somebody somewhere is going to give her an amazing offer.

I hear you on Coach Jack leaving but we have now been through two off seasons where, as far as we know, she has had offers on the table from program in major conferences and has opted to stay here. I am selfishly hoping that the real cream of the crop program may not be seeking her out in the future due to age, etc even though she has proven to deserve an opportunity at just about any program.

Here is to hoping Coach pulls a Sue G and remains a fixture for another 8-10 seasons and finishes her career at UB.

6 hours ago, TML1000 said:

Here is to hoping Coach pulls a Sue G and remains a fixture for another 8-10 seasons and finishes her career at UB.

I hope so too. This year is the year that she becomes the winningest coach (provided that we can string together 13 wins). 

And after that only 51 more wins to be the winningest UB basketball coach for either sex. 

Edited by rma