Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Vantrease Named Starting Punter

"Watch for the fake"...will be heard over and over again on opposing sidelines this season on 4th down.   Heck...UB should have Vantrease fake the punt THE VERY FIRST TIME he is sent it to punt this week.  Then...teams will be ready/waiting for it and will get less pressure on the punter (minimizing the chances for a block).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

actually now that you all mention the fake punt, i think that will work well.  actually am a big believer on going for it on 4th down.  mathematicians say we should do it more.

I think it depends a lot on the game situation and how our offense/defense is looking. But going for it on 4th can make or break a game. 

18 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

I think it depends a lot on the game situation and how our offense/defense is looking. But going for it on 4th can make or break a game. 

With Vantrease has the punter now our expected yardage per punt should drop significantly, so we should be going for it more on 4th in the middle of the field. Not sure is LL and the staff look at it that way or not, but IMO we should be.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ChicagoBull said:

Does he also kick XPs?

Notice that Rodrigo missed a PAT-length FG for then #3 Georgia on the weekend?  They took an "L", and likely dropped out of the CFP conversation. Kickers miss sometimes.  I like Jackson Baltar.

Now, not going on 4th and 1....I'm not so thrilled with Lance!

2 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Too bad 😞 More pressure to have Bycznski ready.

Seems like we are likely to see Bycznyski sooner rather than later.   I would expect him to appear in a few games.  Perhaps if Vantrease struggles early against CMU, we will see him.