Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Daemon Exhibition Stream?

ubbulls08

6 hours ago, BasketBull said:

I could survive without the ESPN+ football content but I think now that basketball is back I have to bite the bullet.

I have insider so it comes with that since they merged. It’s honesty like $30 a year when you can and you get the mag and featured articles.

I've spent worse money. There were days I spent $10 to watch a bad UB team play on one of those bad streaming platforms before it became mainstream. 

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

Last year Daemen took this to overtime by shooting well from outside.  That didn't happen today.  Mike MacDonald is a good coach at the DII/DIII level and his teams have come in well prepared.  But they were just physically overmatched today. 

Perkins, CJ, Harris - nothing to say, we're not going to learn anything about them from this that we don't already know.
Caruthers - seemed a little stronger, smoother going to the hoop, which meant he was more accurate with his shots.  That seems like a good maturation to his game.
Williams - willing to shoot from the outside; athletic, long arms; needs some more strength, but it will be interesting to see how he steps up with the increased intensity of the college game.
Segu - good vision and dribbling skill, willing to try some things and take some risks.  His playing time is going to be decided by how much he's able to pick up things on the defensive end.  But he has all the makings of a really dynamic, fun player to watch.
Graves - has the strength and all around ability on both ends to really make a big step forward this year.
Bertram - looked a little slimmer, hopefully he can play some solid minutes this year, be a good matchup against certain teams and players, get some rebounds and put-backs. Whenever I watch him I'm constantly saying, get tough, play big, own that space under there.
Fagan - didn't see much but he's another guy that will earn time based on getting dug in on defense.

To think that their guard depth this year is Caruthers, Graves, CJ, Segu...and we forgot about Davonta Jordan.  That's crazy. 

I always love the game or two when the full band from the football season is there.  The pep band always does a great job all winter - but the added volume from this game or two at the start of the season is really noticeable.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - schedule games on Friday nights, and you get a good student crowd.  It was a preseason game against a DII team and you got a better student crowd than you get for a lot of the regular season games.

Lastly - major props to the UB program for the giveaway today - mini replica MAC trophies.  I didn't even care that some of the decals looked a little crooked.  This was an awesome giveaway, something people are likely to hold on to.  A big thank you to you guys for doing this.  And for doing it at the preseason game, which was more likely to be attended mostly by the season ticket holders, ensuring that these got to some of the most dedicated supporters.  We complain when things aren't done well, so here's to when you do things good.

Winning things and raising banners NEVER gets old.  May we start every season like this.

Caruthers has significantly improved his athleticism, and can dunk with ease now. He looks primed to pick up a lot of the production lost from Clark.  Segu looked like the best newcomer by far. Williams was surprisingly unimpactful being used as a spot up shooter that wasn't making shots. Fagan got the least mins of a scholarship player and looked lost when he was out there. Not gonna look into 1 game too much but i was hoping to see more from them in an exhibition.