Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Daemon Exhibition Stream?

ubbulls08

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

Caruthers has significantly improved his athleticism, and can dunk with ease now. He looks primed to pick up a lot of the production lost from Clark.  Segu looked like the best newcomer by far. Williams was surprisingly unimpactful being used as a spot up shooter that wasn't making shots. Fagan got the least mins of a scholarship player and looked lost when he was out there. Not gonna look into 1 game too much but i was hoping to see more from them in an exhibition.

Williams had good hands on D and Fagan is long and a big body. They both will need a few games to get used to playing with D1 talent. They are used to being the best player on the court.  Now they are the 7th or 8th or 9th best players on the court. We will see how they develop.

Williams is close.

Segu is plug and play. He’s ready to go. 

Don’t make too many firm assessments early in the year. Harris struggled early last year and many questioned what impact he might have. By conference play one could legitimately say he was our most important player. 

With that caveat, Segu was excellent last night. Good hands, great handle, excellent court vision, surprisingly good shooter and stealthy. Opponents with bigger guards will try and take advantage him down low so Nate will have to make sure the team is aware that he’ll need some D help there. But he is a great addition. 

Williams wasn’t much of a factor last night. But his pedigree is high so I expect him to get better and better as he gets more comfortable. 

The retyrning players looked ready to roll. 

Jordan’s ankle injury did not look too serious and did not seem to be hobbling around and I believe Coach Oats said they want to have him ready for the St.Francis game. Glad to see Coach Oats gave Segu and Williams a lot of minutes against Daemen. It will take some time to see how they can adapt to the better, quicker players in the MAC. I don’t think neither of them had to play much defense in high school and both of them seemed winded at times. It is good that neither of them seemed shy about taking shots. If Williams isn’t scoring from the outside I wonder if he has any kind of inside game. Still a concern about Graves though. Did not shoot well from the outside last year and did not shoot well at all against Daemen. He goes to the basket and can dunk. Hoping for improved front court play from McCrea and Bertram. Go Bulls!!!