Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020 Recruiting Speculation

DocCas86

3 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

With output like this, and a list we could compete with I wonder why we're not showing interest:

There are 1000s of kids out there, between the portal, JUCO and HS. Just because we aren't listed on this one doesn't mean much +/- towards our team/coaches. We only have 1 spot left. There's no rush. Heck, our best "find" ever was a summer signing (CJ) and Mballa didn't come in until late last year as well. 

• Like 2

With Kpegeol off the board, is Keyshawn Brewton the only guy we're currently engaged with? Anyone have any recruiting hot stove discussions to keep us entertained?

I hope the staff is staying involved with some of the better local kids that are playing elsewhere right now. Roddy Gayle is a pipe dream at this point, and maybe guys like Willie Lightfoot are now too, but the chance to shine close to home might be appealing.

44 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Regarding Brewton, do we really need another 6’2 point guard on the roster? 

The way teams play at our level, it's common to see 3 guards his height or shorter on the court in the same lineup. I think the idea would be for him to be a sit one play one guy to help cover the he loss of Graves in 21-22.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

With Kpegeol off the board, is Keyshawn Brewton the only guy we're currently engaged with? Anyone have any recruiting hot stove discussions to keep us entertained?

I hope the staff is staying involved with some of the better local kids that are playing elsewhere right now. Roddy Gayle is a pipe dream at this point, and maybe guys like Willie Lightfoot are now too, but the chance to shine close to home might be appealing.

Gayle had a video with a recruiting website a couple days ago and didn't mention us as one of the schools that were recruiting him hard. Hopefully Lightfoot is still in play. 

30 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

The way teams play at our level, it's common to see 3 guards his height or shorter on the court in the same lineup. I think the idea would be for him to be a sit one play one guy to help cover the he loss of Graves in 21-22.

I agree about a 3 guard lineup. But we have Rondo for two years with Robinson and Zachery coming in. All play point guard. Realistically you aren’t gonna have 3 PGs on the floor at the same time. I would like a shooting guard to be added to the mix. I think we are good at PG. Also we shouldn’t play down to teams “our level”. We had gotten away from that recently with great results. We elevated to a higher mid major. I don’t wanna go back to the rest of the mid major pack.