Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami looks pretty banged up heading into the Buffalo Game

Bull_In_Exile

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2019/9/27/20887044/bull-run-q-a-with-the-miami-student#comments

It’s not looking good for Miami. On Monday, head coach Chuck Martin called his team’s injury situation “horrendous.” The injury report reads like a who’s who of RedHawks football. Brett Gabbert, Jaylon Bester, Manny Rugamba, Pete Nank, Tommy Doyle and Matt Skibinski are all questionable or doubtful this weekend. The last five names on that list are doubtful. Gabbert’s status remains murky. He’ll be a game-time decision.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2019 at 7:13 AM, ChicagoBull said:

Your wish has been granted.  😲

He should have started from Day 1. I never thought Myers looked ready to play at this level and Vantrease at least looked competent in his limited time last year. I'm guessing the coaching staff sees a bigger upside in the long term development of Myers but gambling on the freshman likely cost us a shot at the MAC.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, clodney said:

He should have started from Day 1. I never thought Myers looked ready to play at this level and Vantrease at least looked competent in his limited time last year. I'm guessing the coaching staff sees a bigger upside in the long term development of Myers but gambling on the freshman likely cost us a shot at the MAC.

Indeed.  Looking back, it does seem like a gamble.  I could see how it might have made sense in the first game for which we were a huge favorite.  Treat it like an exhibition game.  He seemed like the fan preference, but what do we know.  I don't recall ever hearing much of the rationale for starting Myers.  Regardless, here we are and things are looking good.  Go Bulls.  

LL Cool Coach isn't going to start a QB because, "he seemed to be the fan preference".  That's crazy to even suggest.  He started the QB that he honestly felt was going to help him win games.  Be thankful that KV has done a great job when called upon to take over the team.  He's a great kid, and he's showing excellent leadership.

• Like 2