Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Preseason News

SGBull

A couple of quotes from the articles that I found encouraging:

“I love the way Coach Whitesell coaches, I just love him. I’ve been here for three years and he’s been my coach ever since then, so nothing changes,” senior guard Devonta Jordan said. “I love when Coach Whitesell coaches, he’s more of a guy that makes sure you get the techniques and make sure you get everything that you need to know to understand before we just get out there and start running, so he’s going to sit down and teach you stuff before he just throws you out in the water.”

“We did a lot more defense than usual, but we expect that because Coach Whitesell is a really good defensive coach,” redshirt junior Brock Bertram said.

The Jordan quote combined with fact that they kept team in tact says a lot about the team believing in the program / coach.  Also, I am excited that they are continuing to emphasize the defensive intensity.  This will increase chances for them to winning MAC and earning a return trip to NCAA.

41 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Two good articles about practice starting for the team.

https://www.wivb.com/sports/ub-mens-basketball-opens-up-season-with-first-practice/

https://news.wbfo.org/post/new-coach-new-hopes-new-ub-bulls-season

I am ready for basketball season already and excited to see what this team can do. 

Unless I missed something, your first article links to the second.

Here is the link to the first.

https://www.wivb.com/sports/ub-mens-basketball-opens-up-season-with-first-practice/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

A couple of quotes from the articles that I found encouraging:

“I love the way Coach Whitesell coaches, I just love him. I’ve been here for three years and he’s been my coach ever since then, so nothing changes,” senior guard Devonta Jordan said. “I love when Coach Whitesell coaches, he’s more of a guy that makes sure you get the techniques and make sure you get everything that you need to know to understand before we just get out there and start running, so he’s going to sit down and teach you stuff before he just throws you out in the water.”

“We did a lot more defense than usual, but we expect that because Coach Whitesell is a really good defensive coach,” redshirt junior Brock Bertram said.

The Jordan quote combined with fact that they kept team in tact says a lot about the team believing in the program / coach.  Also, I am excited that they are continuing to emphasize the defensive intensity.  This will increase chances for them to winning MAC and earning a return trip to NCAA.

Redshirt junior Brock Bertram?  Is that a mistake

27 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

Redshirt junior Brock Bertram?  Is that a mistake

He is listed as a junior on ubbulls.com roster and he did RS his first year, so I think the label is accurate.  It was pointed out in another thread that although he may still have another year of eligibility after this, he may in fact be graduating this year.  Hope that helps clarify.

1004984168_BertramRoster.JPG.f5bff87404dfd09d57aa5ac25e2f5217.JPG

3 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

He is listed as a junior on ubbulls.com roster and he did RS his first year, so I think the label is accurate.  It was pointed out in another thread that although he may still have another year of eligibility after this, he may in fact be graduating this year.  Hope that helps clarify.

1004984168_BertramRoster.JPG.f5bff87404dfd09d57aa5ac25e2f5217.JPG

I see so he was a redshirt and can graduate after his junior year.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

I saw somewhere that Nickelberry sprained his ankle during that first practice.  Hopefully he's okay.  If true, it's too bad he'll miss a little time... wasn't he the last player on campus? (already the least acclimated to his new teammates)

Let's hope it is not too serious and he does not miss much practice as a result.